changing material thickness

Place to discuss only the "Design Sharing" aspects of the eCabinet Systems software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Clint Buechlein

Sue Landes
Company Name: Western Woodworking LLC

changing material thickness

Postby Sue Landes » Wed, Jul 27 2011, 11:55AM

Please forgive my inexperience. We are building Euro Style cabinets with 3/4" Black Melamine. Before batching the job, I miced the material and it is actually only .724". When asked during batching if I wanted to change material thickness, I said yes and updated the thickness to .724".

Ok, say my cabinet is 25" wide and my inside opening is 23.5" and I am putting in a drawer and a set of doors. By updating the material thickness to .724 will my inside opening remain 23.5" and the overall size of my cabinet decrease by the .026" difference in material on each side of the cabinet, making the overall width of my cabinet 24.948" instead of the 25" that I started with?

:?:

Josh Rayburn
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Halls Edge Inc

Re: changing material thickness

Postby Josh Rayburn » Wed, Jul 27 2011, 12:14PM

Sue,
To answer your question, your outside box dimensions will be held when updating the material thickness, not the inside opening.
You can post these questions pertaining to the software in the ecabinets forum, this forum is for design sharing.
Hope this helps,
jnr
Josh Rayburn
Hall's Edge, Inc.
CNC Machining Service

Dell Precision T3400
Win7 Professional 64 Bit/Core2Duo E8400 3ghz/4 GB Ram/NVIDIA Quadro FX570

Sue Landes
Company Name: Western Woodworking LLC

Re: changing material thickness

Postby Sue Landes » Wed, Jul 27 2011, 5:13PM

Thank you Josh.

Sorry that I was in the wrong forum area. :oops: I will do better in the future.

Return to “Design Sharing”