Old Liabary Not Working

Place to discuss only the "Design Sharing" aspects of the eCabinet Systems software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Clint Buechlein

Rodney j Donald
Company Name: RJ Cabinets

Old Liabary Not Working

Postby Rodney j Donald » Fri, Oct 28 2011, 4:00AM

Hello All,

I have copy and pasted my old liabry into the ecabinets directory. I can choose the liabry, I can then see and choose a cabinet to bring into the cabinet editor but then the sofware crashes. Has the file format changed since V3, its like the software does not reconise the cabinet file format.

Any Ideas? Here is a basic cabinet that I can not load into the cabinet editor.

Regards
Rod
Attachments
1 Door.hsf
(34.49 KiB) Downloaded 974 times

Dennis Englert

Re: Old Liabary Not Working

Postby Dennis Englert » Fri, Oct 28 2011, 7:13AM

Rodney,

There are many things that have changed since Version 3. I've tried opening the cabinet, which as you say results in the software eventually crashing. There are several messages that ask to add or replace the materials. Prior to crashing however I'm getting messages about textures on the materials. When I look at the materials there are no textures at all. I've tried a number of things, added and updated textures, used different materials and on. The results are the same.

I've passed this on. In the meantime, you should explore the "free libraries" or since this does appear to be a simple cabinet, re-create it using your construction methods to generate a new library. Typically, the cabinets are updated as the versions are released, so going back three versions may not be possible. Hope to know more later.

Dennis

Rodney j Donald
Company Name: RJ Cabinets

Re: Old Liabary Not Working

Postby Rodney j Donald » Fri, Oct 28 2011, 4:36PM

Hi Dennis,
Thank you so much for taking the time to look into my issue I really appreciate it.
Regards
Rod

I have around 50 cabinets in that liabry, these are the cabinets I use every day, I spent months slowly building the liabry, I hope I dont have to start again. I changed my occupation an I had 6 years away from cabinet making and I have just recently returned to the tools. I have been selling materials to all the cabinet makers in Victoria, Australia.

Return to “Design Sharing”