Blum Space Corner

Place to discuss only the "Design Sharing" aspects of the eCabinet Systems software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Clint Buechlein

Karl Shikles
Company Name: Karls Custom Cabinets

Blum Space Corner

Postby Karl Shikles » Mon, Oct 31 2011, 10:28AM

Has anyone ever designed this in ecabinetsystems? I'd even be happy with just the carcass, as I subcontract out my cnc work and need it to be in the file. I could do the drawer boxes manually. If no one has this as a cabinet or assembly, does anyone know how to make a corner base with sides on it like this? I'd like to start using these cabinets in my kitchens, as people seem to really like the concept. Also, the type with the full corner box seems like a waste of material. Thanks in advance.
Blum spacecorner.jpg
line drawing of the space corner cabinet from the blum website.

Mark McCallum
Guru Member

Re: Blum Space Corner

Postby Mark McCallum » Mon, Dec 19 2011, 9:30AM

Hi Karl
I’m not sure if you are still looking for this but I had a go at these corner drawers. I set them up for bottom mount runners or cage ball sliders. It is an assembly so you will need to put it into your assembly file. Unfortunately they are not easy to adjust. I haven’t tested them. I think you would have to put 45 degree cuts on both edges of the drawer fronts. The drawer box is 450 wide so to get your starting point you need to measure out from the corner aprox 318mm.
If you have come up with a different way or can think of a different way of doing it please share.
Anyway hope they are useful for you.
Attachments
45degrees + cnrt.esa
(2.59 MiB) Downloaded 1144 times
45degrees + cnrt.jpg
45degrees + cnrt.jpg (7.71 KiB) Viewed 15948 times
45degree cnr drawer.esa
(2.07 MiB) Downloaded 1175 times
45degree cnr drawer.jpg
45degree cnr drawer.jpg (8.79 KiB) Viewed 15948 times

Return to “Design Sharing”