upper cabinet light valance, edgebanding to doors, commercia

Place to discuss only the "Design Sharing" aspects of the eCabinet Systems software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Clint Buechlein

David Kopriva

upper cabinet light valance, edgebanding to doors, commercia

Postby David Kopriva » Thu, Feb 25 2016, 6:34PM

Hi All
haven't used this forum in a long time. I do commercial cabinets and we use a lot of plastic laminates, PVC edgebanding and wood veneers. I'm using this software more frequently now but there are a few things where I am running into a snag.
1. how do I create a light valance on the bottom of an upper cabinet? runs full length of three uppers. 65mm high from bottom edge of bottom of cabinet. the door but cover the valance.
2. Need to show 3mm PVC edgebanding applied to front doors and drawers. need help on this. Is it possible with this software. this is of course everyday stuff in the commercial cabinet world which I am sure there are lots of you out there running a thermwood machine.
3. i need to show detached toekicks on my drawings. Again typical commercial stuff. my toekicks are 230mm high since this is handicap accessible lover cabs. let me know how you set this up.
4. I supply mostly P-Lam. counters. I went through this before, way back. can you go over how to show a P.lam counter again? the counter top maker strangely still does not provide this common feature to make P.LAm. counters.

I'm relatively good with the software but need some help on these odd things I often run into.

Thanks for the help in advance and later. :D

Mark McCallum
Guru Member

Re: upper cabinet light valance, edgebanding to doors, comme

Postby Mark McCallum » Fri, Feb 26 2016, 6:41AM

Hi David
From the way I understand your questions this is how I would probably set things up.

As for P.Lam I think you mean plastic laminate? They are set up in the room custom layout area.
Is that where you are setting up your units? otherwise I just use the cabinet editor or batch cabinets and make a shelf out of a a material named benchtop material and set the size accordingly.
Hope this helps :)
Attachments
Ecab-detached-toe2.jpg
Ecab-Light-Valence3.jpg
Ecab-edgebanding--settings.jpg

tim lucas
Guru Member
Company Name: Tim Lucas Custom Woodworks LLC

Postby tim lucas » Fri, Feb 26 2016, 9:04AM

1. how do I create a light valance on the bottom of an upper cabinet? runs full length of three uppers. 65mm high from bottom edge of bottom of cabinet. the door but cover the valance.

Use the molding editor where you apply crown molding to a cabinet - set your base molding to a light rail molding and apply

pay attn. to the distance box as it defaults to 0" on top
Tim Lucas Custom Woodworks LLC
www.TLCW.us

Mark McCallum
Guru Member

Postby Mark McCallum » Mon, Feb 29 2016, 7:57AM

Ha!
Its been so long since i used the molding editor I had forgotten about it. :)

Return to “Design Sharing”