Mitered Cabinet

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Justin Wallace
Company Name: Home Design by Justin

Mitered Cabinet

Post by Justin Wallace »

I am looking to make a mitered cabinet for an island. I can use the standard framed corner cabinet with an angled front for the center. I was wanting to make my end cabinets mitered on one side only. Is this possible and if so, any tips on accomplishing this?
Mark McCallum
Guru Member

Re: Mitered Cabinet

Post by Mark McCallum »

Hi Justin
Probably need a few details, framed or frameless and perhaps a sketch of how you are thinking the units would sit, there are so many variations.
Ecabs is good for drawing anything, sometimes it just take a while to get there.
Some options.JPG
Some options, but I'm betting you want the end going back the other way (now I'm being vague) which is possible but it depends on how you want it to look, hinges, framed or frameless so sketches and details ect ect
:D
Justin Wallace
Company Name: Home Design by Justin

Post by Justin Wallace »

Oh wow, I did not realize there were that many options on corner cabinets. I am attaching a sketch below of what I had in mind for this particular project. They will be framed cabinets and the face of the cabinet will be on the long side of the sketch.
Attachments
IMG_3713.JPG
Mark McCallum
Guru Member

Post by Mark McCallum »

Hi Justin
We don't use frames and I think it is a bit time consuming to set up because as far as I am aware there are no natural Ecab seed cabinets that will easily do the job.
Perhaps some of the framing guys may be able to help out. :)
I have attached an assembly that is frameless that may be useful? I don't know if you just want a pretty picture or a production model.
It is height adjustable but not width, It has been set up for 448mm wide doors
Take it into the cabinet editor and delete and add the the stuff you and don't want.
Save it as a new assembly and put it into your room layout
external 45.JPG
45degree CNRs.esa
(978.02 KiB) Downloaded 352 times
Hope this helps
Attachments
sizesa.jpg