Workstation hardware change

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Stu Douglas
Company Name: Spalted Hawthorn

Workstation hardware change

Postby Stu Douglas » Mon, Dec 02 2019, 5:01PM

I recently updated the hardware components of my workstation and just swapped the ssds into the new system, thinking to myself, "I'll just grab anything I need and sling it to my external HDD and then do a complete windows wipe and install. After ECabS updates itself, and a dialog providing me with my current reg #, the updater prompts a restart. The dialog provided code doesn't seem to work in the subsequent step. Just wondering if anyone else had this problem before I chase their tech support down tomorrow morning.

Brad McIntosh
Guru Member
Company Name: CNC Automation

Re: Workstation hardware change

Postby Brad McIntosh » Tue, Dec 03 2019, 8:20AM

I will guess that the eCabinet Systems registration code that you have was linked to your overall hardware "checksum" prior to the new Windows install. (Many software-keyed programs do this. They can use hardware serial numbers, Windows license keys, network ids, etc)

I suggest that you try going to the "eCabinet Systems Registration Code Generator" and request a new activation/registration code using the email address that you originally signed up with.

http://order.ecabinetsystems.com/ecabfo ... ubmit.aspx
Brad McIntosh
CNC Automation

Home: http://www.cncautomation.com
Twitter: @bmcncautomation

Stuart Douglas
Company Name: Bergman Custom Casework LLC

Re: Workstation hardware change

Postby Stuart Douglas » Tue, Dec 03 2019, 10:02AM

Thanks, Brad! I don't know how I missed that page, but It was instantly familiar once I saw it-I had to do this before the last time I changed my setup. :oops:

Return to “eCabinet Systems Software”