Cabinet editor graphics slow and jerky

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Marvin Pate
Company Name: Pate Cabinets

Cabinet editor graphics slow and jerky

Post by Marvin Pate »

I just reformatted my hard drive and have reloaded Windows XP, internet explorer, Microsoft Office and eCabinets. All programs work fine except for the cabinet editor in eCabinets. I loaded eCabinets 5 from the disk and did an internet update to the current version. I also did a defrag to my hard drive. When I load a cabinet into the cabinet editor and try to rotate the cabinet, it is very slow to respond and moves in jerks. I loaded cabinets into the line drawing editior and into custom layout. Cabinets loaded into the lined drawing editor and custom layout move smoothy and are very responsive. Any suggestions. Thank you.
Brad McIntosh
Guru Member
Company Name: CNC Automation

Re: Cabinet editor graphics slow and jerky

Post by Brad McIntosh »

Marvin,

Make sure your graphics card drivers are up to date. If you just reload the defaults from the Windows XP CD and/or the video card CD that came with the computer, the may be very outdated when it comes to the 3D graphics manipulation.

Your best bet is to go to the graphic card manufacturers site and find the latest drivers for your card. ** If you have a laptop from a manufacturer like Dell, you will most probably have to go to the laptop manufacturers support site to get any updated drivers.

Hope this helps...
Brad McIntosh
CNC Automation

Home: http://www.cncautomation.com
Twitter: @bmcncautomation
Marvin Pate
Company Name: Pate Cabinets

Post by Marvin Pate »

Brad, Thank you for the information. The computer I am using is a Dell and I did use the disk that came with the computer to re-install the drivers. I did an update to the graphic controller software and eCabinets works just great. I hope you have a super day.
Marvin Pate
Brad McIntosh
Guru Member
Company Name: CNC Automation

Post by Brad McIntosh »

Glad to have been a help... :D
Brad McIntosh
CNC Automation

Home: http://www.cncautomation.com
Twitter: @bmcncautomation