Update installed, but keeps restarting itself!

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Ryan Callahan
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Re: Update installed, but keeps restarting itself!

Post by Ryan Callahan »

Dolan,

I am looking into this problem deeply right now and need to know if you removed the 5.2 Build 6 patch that you described in the very original post? (http://order.ecabinetsystems.com/update ... Build6.asp if you need to get it). Simply run this and it should ask you to REMOVE if it has already been run.

Currently, we are searching for the actual problem, but at the same time, we are hoping that there is a simple solution. Dennis B. said that it is also happening with Nikon View, so this gives us an additional avenue to pursue.

Please let us know the results of running the 5.2Build6 Patch. If that does not help, any additional information you can provide will be helpful. Feel free to call me as it might help speed up the repair process.
Ryan Callahan
Thermwood
Dell Precision T3400 / Core 2 Quad Q9400 / 2.4GHz / 8GB RAM / 256MB NVIDIA Quadro FX3450 / Windows 7 x64
Rick Deskins
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood

Post by Rick Deskins »

Dennis G. Blackburn wrote:I'm havingthe same problem everytime I try to open NIKON VIEW to see my photo library.

What version of the Nikon view are you using?

Thanks,
Rick
Rick Deskins
eCabinet Systems Programmer
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM/ AMD FirePro V4900
Dennis G. Blackburn

Post by Dennis G. Blackburn »

I'm using NKVeiw6

When trying to open it - it is trying to download eCab 5.2 build 5
Dennis G. Blackburn

Post by Dennis G. Blackburn »

I just did the build 5 patch and things seem to be working now. THANKS !!!! 8)
Dolan Classen
Company Name: Douglas County Cabinet Service

Post by Dolan Classen »

Ok Ryan, I was able to get the file to run, and it did remove successfully, however, it didn't fix the problem. When it was done, I closed Firefox, and when restarting Firefox, got the same error.
Ryan Callahan
Thermwood Team

Post by Ryan Callahan »

Dolan,

Bummer, I had so much hoped that would have worked for you, so now we are back to something in Firefox causing the issue.
So, that being the case, could you give me the exact versions and list of what you have installed in Firefox so that I can try to reproduce your issue. Hopefully it is not a lot. I use Firefox on my system and I enjoy it more than any other browser. Be sure to list your add-ons as well.
Ryan Callahan
Thermwood
Dell Precision T3400 / Core 2 Quad Q9400 / 2.4GHz / 8GB RAM / 256MB NVIDIA Quadro FX3450 / Windows 7 x64
Dolan Classen

Post by Dolan Classen »

I haven't had time to really mess with Firefox much more lately, but I noticed something else that might help you debug ... Just now I had a Firefox session running, and it had done the ecab reload thing when it started like normal, but that was over and done, and the session has been running for quite awhile. Windows Live Messenger was running, and I doubleclicked on the icon in the system tray, to bring up the Messenger program with its friend list. Just as the Messenger window popped up, the eCabs reload thing happened again. So this time it was triggered by Windows Live Messenger, and I think I have noticed this happen before a time or two. I will copy the Event Viewer info below. Running Windows Live Messenger version 2009 (Build 14.0.8089.726).

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: MsiInstaller
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1004
Date: 1/26/2010
Time: 3:25:28 PM
User: DCMAIN\dc
Computer: DCMAIN
Description:
Detection of product '{03F80425-1507-4A73-91F9-B2C2DA0CCFF7}', feature 'eCabinet_Systems_Files', component '{BADC3155-2F66-4143-B2FA-D8E18C6AF7C7}' failed. The resource 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Thermwood\eCabinet Systems\' does not exist.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Event Type: Warning
Event ID: 1001
Time: 3:25:28 PM
Description:
Detection of product '{03F80425-1507-4A73-91F9-B2C2DA0CCFF7}', feature 'eCabinet_Systems_Files' failed during request for component '{3207D1B1-80E5-11D2-B95D-006097C4DE24}'

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Event Type: Information
Event ID: 11728
Time: 3:34:43 PM
Description:
Product: eCabinet Systems 6.0 Build 1 -- Configuration completed successfully.

Data:
0000: 7b 30 33 46 38 30 34 32 {03F8042
0008: 35 2d 31 35 30 37 2d 34 5-1507-4
0010: 41 37 33 2d 39 31 46 39 A73-91F9
0018: 2d 42 32 43 32 44 41 30 -B2C2DA0
0020: 43 43 46 46 37 7d CCFF7}
Dolan Classen

Post by Dolan Classen »

OK I ran V6Build1Setup1h.exe to uninstall, and that completed successfully. I ran Ccleaner to clean out old registry entries. Then I ran v6B1TestSetup2b.exe, and installation finished successfully. I then tried to run ecabs, and got the error messages in clip1 and clip2. I input the new registration code, and ecabs loaded up but without the initial startup page, error said "could not display page" or something like that. I closed ecabs, and when the pc was idle, ran firefox. Just a few seconds after Firefox was loaded, the ecabs install box popped up again, same as before. This is seen in clip3.
Attachments
Clip3.jpg
Clip3.jpg (42.99 KiB) Viewed 5885 times
Clip2.jpg
Clip2.jpg (22.72 KiB) Viewed 5885 times
Clip1.jpg
Clip1.jpg (27.18 KiB) Viewed 5885 times
Ryan Callahan
Thermwood Team

Post by Ryan Callahan »

Dolan,

Sorry it has been a few days since I have been able to get back to this. By any chance, have you verified that the file is in this location that it claims to be missing from? This is what is tripping the Installer to attempt repair, but I am unsure as to what might be causing it to be missing if in fact that is what is going on.

Some things maybe to try would be to disable your Anitvirus suite and then run the install. It might be possible that since this is an HTM file, that the program is either changing the name or re-directing this to open in Firefox when the program calls for it.

Another thing to try, and I already know you really don't want to do it, is to change your default browser back to Internet Explorer (IE), run the installation program and see if the problem goes away. Assuming that it does, and eCabinets is up and running fine, then allow Firefox to take back over as default. Hopefully, no association issues will come up causing the problem to happen again.

This is puzzling problem indeed, and I am running out of quick and easy suggestions. However, this problem needs to be determined so that others will not encounter it.

Let us know if you have a chance to try this. If you have it working, then be sure to let us know that and the possible solution that you used to get it going.

Thanks.
Ryan Callahan
Thermwood