.2 back with .25 bit ??

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Kenneth Rychlik

Re: .2 back with .25 bit ??

Post by Kenneth Rychlik »

Thanks Daniel.

I don't understand why the part would be cut to a depth of .749 I would only want it the same depth as the other dado's. Also I have LOTS of cabinets to do this to. How do you place the box to line it up and give it size parameters manually? And when I resize the cabinet will that mess things up? This seems like quite a bit of trouble just to have the bit hang off of the edge of a part.

I'm going to have to find that book I got when I took the class with dennis. lol

Kenneth
Kenneth Rychlik

Post by Kenneth Rychlik »

Ok Daniel, I'm starting to catch on. I was trying to make the dado/rabbet and let the bit cut off the edge a bit, but I see what you mean now. Oversize and trim the part. I did the design on my test cabient and it works. The constraint is kind of bugging me. I resized the cabinet and it seemed to stay with it in cabinet assembly edit area. When I send it to batch for cutting and resize it will those cuts stay with the cabinet ? I've never used the constraints and don't know if it matters for this type of cut. I guess it may leave a little fuzz on the edge of the part, but it shouldn't be to bad.

Thanks

Kenneth
Daniel Vonderheide
Thermwood Team

Post by Daniel Vonderheide »

It looks like 2 simple constraints on the cut to keep it set at .05 in width and at height will work fine for resizing the cabinet. I added these to the left side of the sample cabinet I posted and it resized fine.
Gary Puckett
Wizard Member
Company Name: The Woodworkery

Post by Gary Puckett »

Ken,

Would it be simpler to just cut a 1/4" dado in the sides 1" in from the back, slide the 1/4" back in and put a 3/4" X 4" cleat to secure the cabinet to the wall

Gary
Attachments
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg (32.73 KiB) Viewed 2919 times
HP Pavilion
Vista home Premium 64bit S. pack 2
AMD Phenom-X4
9850 Quad-Core Processor
6.0GB/Go Memory
1 TB/To Hard Drive
Nividia GeForce 9800 GT