base 45 degree angle cabinet

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Rob Davis
Guru Member

base 45 degree angle cabinet

Post by Rob Davis »

I searched 35 pages of old posts but didn't find this one so I apologize if it is a duplicate...
I need a triangular shaped base end of run cabinet - 24x24 triangle shaped open case with shelves. For example, a back and one side with the other side at 0 and the top, deck and toe kick angled to match. Can you either help me or direct me to the post describing same? I know I could do this in part editor but it seems like there should be an easier way.
Thanks, Rob
Kenneth Rychlik

Re: base 45 degree angle cabinet

Post by Kenneth Rychlik »

I believe part editor is your only way. There is a recent post about doing a top cabinet like you are describing. The part editor could be a little more user friendly, but it will get it done.

Kenneth
David Egnoski
Company Name: Richmond Cabinet

Post by David Egnoski »

Rob,

I believe this post details how to make an upper cabinet like you describe. You should be able to use the same technique to make a base cabinet. For some reason the link doesn't seem to be working right now. Give it a try though, maybe you'll have better luck than I.

http://www.thermwood.com/forums/viewtop ... 757#p15757
Dave Egnoski
Richmond Cabinet & Millwork
Donald Thomson
Guru Member
Company Name: Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks

Post by Donald Thomson »

Rob,

I did a cabinet similar to what you are describing. I used my CAD program to design it then used my 3D carving software to layout the parts on a 4x8 sheet of material and cut them that way. It seemed to work well.
Attachments
Open corner display cabinet
Open corner display cabinet
Corner upper cabinet 600x634.jpg (22.83 KiB) Viewed 5211 times
Sincerely,

Don Thomson
Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
509-671-6230
Newport, WA
http://www.dlwoodworks.com
Rob Davis
Guru Member

Post by Rob Davis »

Thanks for the replies. I think I figured out how to fake it into doing it. Created a sheet stock of 0.002" thick. Took a base cabeint and made teh right end the thin sheet and the rest of it 3/4" material. Took the right back and made it back flush and took the right end and made it front inset 23.247", leaving a .003 x .002 piece of side. Then I angled the top, deck and toe. When we assemble it, we can deal with the .002 x .003 flat on the tapered end. Looks OK in eCabs so I am giving it a try. I can filter out the right side when I cut. Am going to try to cut it Saturday.
Merry Christmas.
Rob Davis
Guru Member

Post by Rob Davis »

Worked out. I had to create a material of 0.002" thickness for right end and will have to cut in a toe kick on right back but otherwise all good.
Attachments
corner base.jpg
corner base.jpg (23.7 KiB) Viewed 5155 times