Alternate Source Door Pricing on V6

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

brian haughey
Company Name: bh woodworking

Alternate Source Door Pricing on V6

Post by brian haughey »

I noticed that each door can have its alternate source sq ft price now on v6 in the door editior.

I have my library of cabinets from v5, and when I open them & check the cost sheet- the doors show up as $0.00. I have added the new sq ft price in the door editor for the correct doors but it does not automatically add price change to existing doors. I don"t have to delete all doors and re add them, do I???? Is there something i have to do to bring my v5 cabinets up to date in v6?

PS i did choose to migrate v5 info on install.

any help appreciated.
Joe Dusel
eCabinets Beta Tester

Re: Alternate Source Door Pricing on V6

Post by Joe Dusel »

Unfortunately changing the price of a door in the Door Editor will not change the price of a door existing on a cabinet, but that would be a nice feature. If you are placing the cabinets into a room you can select the cabinets and then the Cab. Features/Doors to change the door costs by re-selecting the doors you have adjusted the price for.

If you are trying to do a batch job you are out of luck since there is not feature currently to change or update anything except the sheet materials.

Joe
CFT411 http://www.cft411.com
Intel i7 920 @ 2.67GHz, 6 GB RAM, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA Geforce GT220 (1GB)
brian haughey

Post by brian haughey »

I have got to say, that is pretty disappointing. All of my cabinets now do not have accurate material pricing breakdowns.

I just want to be able to draw cabinets accurately enough to estimate cabinets (at least material costs) & then produce cabinets. The rest doesn't matter.
Josh Rayburn
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Halls Edge Inc

Post by Josh Rayburn »

I agree it's disappointing - to be able to change the doors or drawer fronts or any other attributes from a batch would be supremely cool. The technology is obviously there from the room, but unfortunately not from the batch. This would be very useful to me though I don't use the costing that E-cab's provides at all, I only care about what I can machine :wink:
Anyway, as far as I know, that's never worked from the batch anyway in case that's any consolation to you..... :(
jnr :beer:
Josh Rayburn
Hall's Edge, Inc.
CNC Machining Service

Dell Precision T3400
Win7 Professional 64 Bit/Core2Duo E8400 3ghz/4 GB Ram/NVIDIA Quadro FX570
Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Forrest Chapman »

I ask Jason S. a while ago about adding this feature and was told it should be easy as the room and batch are the same type file. As of yet I have not heard when it will be implemented. Keep asking for it and maybe this will spur them on.

Forrest
Josh Rayburn
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Halls Edge Inc

Post by Josh Rayburn »

Forrest / Jason,
That's the coolest thing I've heard this week!
I'm officially asking then :D
Edgebanding on a job level too, or something like the 'change sheet stock' interface from the batch....or am I getting too greedy?
jnr :mrgreen:
Josh Rayburn
Hall's Edge, Inc.
CNC Machining Service

Dell Precision T3400
Win7 Professional 64 Bit/Core2Duo E8400 3ghz/4 GB Ram/NVIDIA Quadro FX570
Neville Bastian
Guru Member
Company Name: Classic Cabinetry

Post by Neville Bastian »

Hey Josh,
Yes you are greedy but we would like that feature too. It would to be able to do all the edging and material changes from the batch level instead of changing them individual. This would be handy for me if doing a quote/proposal I could throw the library cabinets in quickly,change default materials then get some costing figures for a quick quote. The cnc operator could then use my batch cabinets to fine tune after onsite measurements are obtained.
Regards

Neville
Neville Australia
Joe Dusel
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Joe Dusel »

Yeah, I'll vote for those, but it would also be nice to be able to change face frame material as well.

Joe
CFT411 http://www.cft411.com
Intel i7 920 @ 2.67GHz, 6 GB RAM, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA Geforce GT220 (1GB)
Neville Bastian
Guru Member
Company Name: Classic Cabinetry

Post by Neville Bastian »

Yeah Joe, Change everything that effects the cost of that cabinet. The problem now is that it spends time getting the machining data correct. If its for a quick quote that's not important as you may not get the job. Once your machinist wants to do changes it could then be asked to apply the machining based on the current defaults so it could then go and automatically apply them while the machinist makes a coffee. Then the machinist can go through each cabinet one by one if he wishes to to check it over or modify sizes etc.
I hope this wish is not hard to do because it would be handy.

Regards
Neville
Neville Australia
brian haughey

Post by brian haughey »

If you are placing the cabinets into a room you can select the cabinets and then the Cab. Features/Doors to change the door costs by re-selecting the doors you have adjusted the price for.
Is this still possible. Can i at least change all the doors in a room layout? I thought this used to be possible, but dont see that option anymore. Am i missing something???
Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Forrest Chapman »

Guys,
For your costing you can start with a generic material and just change the cost depending on actual material being used. The software doesn't care what the material is named or what it looks like all it goes by is the cost of it at the time you pull up the costing sheet. IE. face frame material called "wood" or case material named "plywood". Enter the price of oak and thats what its going to quote. Just remember to write on the job folder any variations in pricing for future reference.

Forrest
Jeremy Schiffer
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Corlane Custom Cabinetry LLC

Post by Jeremy Schiffer »

Brian,

You can still do it, but it's not through the right-click menu anymore, it's in the pop-out menu on the right side, under Cabinet Features. (not in the office right now so I may be mistaken on the name, but it's there.)
http://www.corlanecabinetry.com

Intel Core i7-5820 3.3GHz, 16GB RAM, NVidia Quadro K2200 4GB, Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
CS-41 4x8
CS-45 5x12
brian haughey

Post by brian haughey »

Thanks Jeremy...that helps.