stretchers in V6

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Mark Hesketh
Guru Member
Company Name: Paris Kitchens

stretchers in V6

Post by Mark Hesketh »

We use dowel construction and have our library set up using kd hardware for our stretchers with a dowel hole pattern that perfectly overlaps from front and back so that there is only one set of holes (2 8mm holes set 32mm apart, set with same inset from front and back). Now with V6, it says that the hardware holes cannot overlap and removes them all. How do I get a single set of holes now?
Ryan Callahan
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Re: stretchers in V6

Post by Ryan Callahan »

Mark,

Can you post me a cabinet from 5.2 with this construction. Std base frameless with a stretcher will work.

Once I get this, I will see if I cannot get this resolved, oat a minimum, a workaround for now.

Thanks.
Ryan Callahan
Thermwood
Dell Precision T3400 / Core 2 Quad Q9400 / 2.4GHz / 8GB RAM / 256MB NVIDIA Quadro FX3450 / Windows 7 x64
Mark Hesketh
Guru Member

Post by Mark Hesketh »

Here is one of our simple base units with the stretcher setup as mentioned
Attachments
BFH30.zip
(616.7 KiB) Downloaded 285 times
Mark Hesketh
Guru Member

Post by Mark Hesketh »

Just want to see if this is being looked into... we can't afford the down time it would require to change our entire library in order to make dowel construction for our stretchers work in V6.

Also, what is happening with V5? Is the license being extended or are we being forced into the version change even though it is not practical for us?
JohnLashuay
Guru Member
Company Name: Rylex Custom Cabinetry-Close

Post by JohnLashuay »

Mark,

I have been successful with adding a negative inset on one of the KD fittings on each side. This moves the hole pattern off the part. Be careful to move it off the panel as well. I'm assume it will drill it on the panel even if it isn't drilled on the stretcher.

-John
Rylex Custom Cabinetry & Closets
http://www.rylexonline.com
Thermwood CS 43
Ryan Callahan
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Post by Ryan Callahan »

Mark,

I was in the process of working up this exact work around listed by John. For now, you will have to do work the cabinet in this way. We are going to revisit this scenario and find an automatic solution to this issue, but it will take some time.

Sorry for not posting anything sooner.

As for Version 5.2, it has not been decided one or or another on the expiration date. Currently, 5.2 Build6 is set to expire March 1st.
Ryan Callahan
Thermwood
Dell Precision T3400 / Core 2 Quad Q9400 / 2.4GHz / 8GB RAM / 256MB NVIDIA Quadro FX3450 / Windows 7 x64