Messy data placement on upgrade to V6

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Peter Walsh
Guru Member

Messy data placement on upgrade to V6

Post by Peter Walsh »

I upgraded to V6.
My computer is organized with multiple drives and all my programs are on Drive D including the recent upgrade. Only my operating system is on Drive C.
I always direct program installs to go to drive D. It appears all the programs went where they were supposed to go.
However, I discovered in looking at my eCab "Settings and Preferences" that my User Data Path got loaded to:
c:\documents and settings\all users\documents\thermwood\ecabinet systems. Not cool.
Can I just move all this stuff over to where it belongs and overwrite what is on my Drive D without losing anything, as well as just change the address in my settings?
regards,
Glenn Warner
Company Name: Expressions in Wood

Re: Messy data placement on upgrade to V6

Post by Glenn Warner »

There is a new option in the preferences/ settings tab that allows you to specify where your user files are located. Shouldn't have to move anything, just point to the existing folder. If you want to merge the new stuff a move may be required.
Peter Walsh
Guru Member

Re: Messy data placement on upgrade to V6

Post by Peter Walsh »

Glenn,
This all happened as a result of the upgrade, and I never got asked during that process about where I wanted data files to go. I assumed the upgrade would copy these onto the drive I specified for the upgrade, but it did so only partially, putting the datafiles on Drive C as a default. That's a messy upgrade. I found the option you mention, but that appears after all the upgrade has finished loading the new V6 cab files on the wrong drive.

I will move the files manually and write over after backing up.