faster way to make a TWD?

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Kenneth Rychlik

faster way to make a TWD?

Post by Kenneth Rychlik »

I am going through to much time tring to get a batch or job into a twd. Is there a fast easy way, and could someone tell me step by step what it is. I can usually get it done, but it takes me way to long, so I have to be doing something wrong. I can get cabinets in a batch or job easy enough and nesting is easy. When I hit the cnc button it gives me a bunch of boxes to fill out and I'm not sure at that point the quickest way to make and save the twd.

Thanks

Kenneth
Josh Rayburn
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Halls Edge Inc

Re: faster way to make a TWD?

Post by Josh Rayburn »

Hey Kenneth,
Have you noticed the improvements in TWD'ing in V6?
You can now open the job, click on the CNC button, and it asks you where you want to save the TWD file. You can change material thickness if you wish, however it's much more streamlined this way in my opinion. It also inserts the default name of the TWD file for you from the name of the job.
Don't know if you've taken the 6 plunge yet, but if you haven't I think your prayers have already been answered :)
Not sure if that's exactly what you meant, but I think it's much improved!
All the best,
jnr
Josh Rayburn
Hall's Edge, Inc.
CNC Machining Service

Dell Precision T3400
Win7 Professional 64 Bit/Core2Duo E8400 3ghz/4 GB Ram/NVIDIA Quadro FX570
jason galbraith
Company Name: Eastcoast Ultimate

Post by jason galbraith »

Yeah as Josh said, in V6 have your job open and press CNC and it asks you where you want the TWD, a bit quicker than previous.

HOWEVER!!!!! I noticed when you freshly open up ecabs and straight away click on cnc it will run like the older V5 ie ask you for job name, where to put it, create TWD. Do not do this, always have the job open first, because if you do it the old way, it sends the job to the nest, but it totally messes up the amounts of parts for that job. I ended up with 16 draws instead of 4 and no panels, of course the guy running the machine never checked the nests against the shop drawings. Was not a good first experience with V6. That was a V5 job that got sent to the nest BTW, so not sure if it would do the same thing for any jobs created in V6.
Core i7-2600 @ 3.70Ghz - 8 GB ram - Win 7 Ultimate 64bit - 2 x 24" ASUS monitors - Nvidia 600 Quadro 1GB graphics
www.eastcoastultimate.com.au
Kenneth Rychlik

Post by Kenneth Rychlik »

I was a little leary of new software. I thought maybe there was just an easier way than what I was doing. Folks talking about their computer not being fast enough anymore and other troubles has me a bit concerned.

Even though it's been beta tested, it seems like the new software is always a little buggy at first.

Kenneth
Rick Deskins
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood

Post by Rick Deskins »

jason galbraith wrote:Yeah as Josh said, in V6 have your job open and press CNC and it asks you where you want the TWD, a bit quicker than previous.

HOWEVER!!!!! I noticed when you freshly open up ecabs and straight away click on cnc it will run like the older V5 ie ask you for job name, where to put it, create TWD. Do not do this, always have the job open first, because if you do it the old way, it sends the job to the nest, but it totally messes up the amounts of parts for that job. I ended up with 16 draws instead of 4 and no panels, of course the guy running the machine never checked the nests against the shop drawings. Was not a good first experience with V6. That was a V5 job that got sent to the nest BTW, so not sure if it would do the same thing for any jobs created in V6.
This has been listed and fixed in the next update.
Rick Deskins
eCabinet Systems Programmer
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM/ AMD FirePro V4900