layout problems

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Don Nichelson

layout problems

Post by Don Nichelson »

I just downloaded version 6 and am having issues with layout. I have vista 32-bit that I do run as administrator. The problem with layout is when I go to it, the drawing area still has the main menu in it. There is no grid or anything else. The start points adjust when I draw a wall but there is no visible wall. I drew some phantom walls and then rendered what I had just to see if anything shows and then the render menu is now in the drawing area. Maybe I downloaded this update wrong? I need to draw a layout asap and am not having any luck right now. Can someone help me please?
James Newman

Re: layout problems

Post by James Newman »

Don,
I think what you are not seeing is the item window that pops out when you move your cursor to the left side of the screen.
If you look at the "Action" box it probably shows "Select Mode". Click there and you can change that to "Create Single Wall" or
"Create Rect Wall".
Don Nichelson

Post by Don Nichelson »

I have tried that and yes the menu goes away but now all I have is a black screen in the drawing area. I create wall as if they are being layed out. That is, I see the measurements on the left but still no walls. I never had this issue in version 5. Is this something with Vista? Please help I have a job to draw up asap. I called tech support but never got a call back.
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Post by Rick Palechuk »

Don, try installing the latest driver for your video card.
Don Nichelson

Post by Don Nichelson »

OK I updated my driver but am having the same issue. When I go to layout the "What would you like to do" screen stays in the drawing area. Version 5 worked perfectly, almost, on this computer. What do I need to do? There has to be something I can do on this computer. I need to resolve this asap.
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member

Post by Rick Palechuk »

Hi Don, can you post your computer specs please.
Don Nichelson

Post by Don Nichelson »

It is a Gateway laptop model mt6841 Vista 2gb RAM Intel core duo processor. If you need more info please tell me how to get it. Thank you
Don Nichelson

Post by Don Nichelson »

Do I need another computer? I know the graphics card is not great but when I got it Jason I believe helped me by tweaking some settings. Can anyone help me out and if I do need to get another computer what should I get? Thanks
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member

Post by Rick Palechuk »

Unfortunately, the lack of a dedicated video card is going to slow things down considerably.
I think the Thermwood team is putting together new specs for the recommended system.