No door or any hardware costs in V6??

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

markvan

No door or any hardware costs in V6??

Post by markvan »

I cannot get any hardware costs or door costs to show up since installing V6.

The hardware I can make do without for now, but the door pricing is critical. I use ecabinet extensively when quoting a job, I am trying to get a quote done for this evening so am getting frustrated. I can manually calculate the cost this time if necessary, but need help to figure out what I am doing wrong.

I imported my v5 cabinets into v6 when it installed, and then designed the kitchen as normal. After realizing I had no door/hardware costs, after a little investigation found that the square foot cost must be put in under the door editor. I have entered the door cost into the door editor, saved the door, set as default and returned to the room. I have tried this from the cabinet editor before placing the cabinet in the room, as well as after a cabinet has been placed in the room. Either way I cannot get any door costs to appear.

Couldn't the door cost's be edited as in V5? I really liked having it easily accessible from the 'define costs' menu. It made it very easy to quote 2 differently priced door options quickly and easily. I hope in V6 I don't have to take EVERY cabinet into the cabinet editor, and then door editor, just to change the price of doors. At least a simple # of doors, and square foot of doors listing would be nice, and I'll do the rest of the math.... But having ecab's do it all, (like it did for me in the past) would be ideal....

What do I need to do?

(also how can I get cost's to appear for mouldings??)
Rick Deskins
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood

Re: No door or any hardware costs in V6??

Post by Rick Deskins »

you can select the cabinets in the layout and go to Change Cabinet Features Tab, select change doors. Select the door with pricing. It should change all your doors in the room.

(also how can I get cost's to appear for mouldings??)

you can go to Setting/Preferences, select Define Hardware. Select Molding tab. Select the molding of interest, select edit product button. Change the price of the molding here.

At the top of the Hardware Dialog, is a Pricing menu option. This will allow you export your products to a spreadsheet. Then you can edit the pricing. Then import the spreadsheet back into ecabinets.
Rick Deskins
eCabinet Systems Programmer
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM/ AMD FirePro V4900
markvan

Post by markvan »

Thanks,

I will give that a try.....I knew that I must be doing something wrong. Keep up the great work guys, I really appreciate the quality work and great support!
Joe Dusel
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Joe Dusel »

The way I would think it should work is that if you change the cost/foot of a door or drawer front that is already placed on cabinets in a room the price information should be updated for all of those doors and drawer fronts. That's the way it works for materials. If you change the cost of your sheet material all of the cabinets using that material have there costs adjusted.

Joe
CFT411 http://www.cft411.com
Intel i7 920 @ 2.67GHz, 6 GB RAM, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA Geforce GT220 (1GB)