Nesting Issue

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Saul Sawyer

Nesting Issue

Post by Saul Sawyer »

I have a cabinet that won't nest in ecabs properly, and I think it's an issue with the group function pertaining to the drawer fronts.

It's a frameless cabinet with panel doors and drawers that are inset (4 doors below, 2 drawers above). I want the grain to run vertical on the doors and drawer fronts, so I rotate the grain 90 degrees on the drawer fronts. The cabinet is 48" wide overall with 3/4" panel ends. The issue seems to be the rotated grain on the drawer fronts. I can put all 4 doors in a group and it nests fine, but when I add the fronts to the group, ecabs says it can't nest the doors or the fronts because of the overall width (I'm using a 1/4" cutter). So, I tried to put them into 2 seperate groups, 2 doors grouped with 1 drawer front in each group. When I do this it throws the nesting for a loop and scatters the parts all over, and even cuts 1 pair of doors with the wrong grain direction (see attached .jpeg).

I drew (built?) the cabinet from scratch in Ver. 6, but I'm not sure if this is a new issue with Ver. 6, or just an issue that's always been there but I have yet to come across. I hope I'm explaining this right lol. Many thanks in advance for any help.

Saul
Attachments
nest_error.jpg
nest_error.jpg (73.48 KiB) Viewed 3276 times
Saul Sawyer
Lauritzen & Makin Inc.
817-921-0218
http://www.lmakin.com
Nat Wheatley
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Plymouth Custom Closets

Re: Nesting Issue

Post by Nat Wheatley »

I just tried to group the slab drawer fronts on a cabinet, and they nested incorrectly also.
A.PNG
A.PNG (145.77 KiB) Viewed 3260 times
B.PNG
B.PNG (4.98 KiB) Viewed 3260 times
Attachments
Test.hsf
(1.28 MiB) Downloaded 273 times
http://www.plymouthcustomclosets.com

Dell Precision 490/ Intel Xeon 3.20 Ghz/3 GB RAM/ Nvidia Quadro FX 3450/ Windows XP, sp 3
Ryan Callahan
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Re: Nesting Issue

Post by Ryan Callahan »

Saul,

I see your issue here and I have it listed with our programmers.

Nat,

Thank you very much for your test cabinet. It made seeing this issue much easier.

Thanks again to the both of you.
Ryan Callahan
Thermwood
Dell Precision T3400 / Core 2 Quad Q9400 / 2.4GHz / 8GB RAM / 256MB NVIDIA Quadro FX3450 / Windows 7 x64