Problems printing Nest Diagrams

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Mark McCallum
Guru Member

Problems printing Nest Diagrams

Post by Mark McCallum »

Hi guys
Is Any one else having problems printing nest diagrams with V6?
I can print cut lists,batch jobs, and the line drawing editor with no problems.
Somehow the data doesn't seem to get through to the printer from nest diagrams. I have tried on two seperate jobs so far.
Bryan J Tanner
Guru Member
Company Name: Decor Designz

Re: Problems printing Nest Diagrams

Post by Bryan J Tanner »

yup

I guess they'll get it fixed in the next release.
HP Pavilion DV6
2.27 gigahertz Intel Core i5 M 430
3064 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory
NVIDIA GeForce GT 230M
Windows 7 Home Premium
Wally Schneeberger
Guru Member

Post by Wally Schneeberger »

Mark McCallum wrote:Hi guys
Is Any one else having problems printing nest diagrams with V6?
I can print cut lists,batch jobs, and the line drawing editor with no problems.
Somehow the data doesn't seem to get through to the printer from nest diagrams. I have tried on two seperate jobs so far.
If you need them then just maximize your screen and do a PRINT SCREEN & then Paste to Irfanview. There you can manipulate it or add any text and print it.
Mike Seisser
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: NCB Inc.

Post by Mike Seisser »

I think the OP was referring to a functionality within the nesting diagrams that has never seemed to work, although I wonder if it's a specific problem based on an OS.

The problem that I have with printing nesting diagrams is, the only way to get a printout of each/any individual part is to 'drill down' to that part: double click the sheet its on, then double click the particular part, THEN print. My understanding is that a user should be able to print the entire job with an overall nesting view on 1 page, then each sheet within the job on it's own page, then each individual part on it's own page, when Print Setup is set to 'Job'. If I choose 'Print Preview' from the 'File' pull down menu, it previews just as I have described above. However, when I choose 'Print' from within the preview, it never prints. If I choose 'Print' from the 'File' pull down menu, it never prints. On both occasions, my printer icon appears briefly in the Windows System Tray, then disappears before I can even double click it. This is the only program that I have this problem with, and is not a hardware problem.

Also, there are a number of different work-arounds by drilling down then hitting 'Print Screen' then paste & print from a different program as mentioned, or setting Print Setup on the nesting page to 'View' and printing directly after drilling down. So while I can print every part, every sheet, and the entire job if I so choose, imagine how long it takes to print out a 10 sheet job with an average of 5 parts per sheet.
Proper Planning Prevents Poor Production.
Mark McCallum
Guru Member

Post by Mark McCallum »

Thanks for the replies. Saving the screen as a JPEG and then printing is a nice thought but it is never going to work for me.
Print has always worked erraticly ever since I started using it in version 3.2.

Some times it prints red, sometimes black. Some sheets big, some sheets small sometimes red and black together and hard to read, but I have always been able to get a job out of it.
Sometimes I wondered if it was a printer compatibility issue, (Cannon Printer) but it sounds like not.
The way I use the program is to batch a set of cabinets together print the sheets out then hand them to the apprentice to cut on the panel saw.

If I need to show him some special sizing like a corner unit with unequal ends I just click on the sheet with the corner shelves, drill down and print that out for him.
I'm thinking I'm keeping my other computer quarantined from version 6 until they get the print working again. Pleaseeeeeee

Perhaps Its because I have Windows 7 on the the latest upgrade?
Bryan J Tanner
Guru Member
Company Name: Decor Designz

Post by Bryan J Tanner »

Sheets and job printing don't work for me, however if you select view then you can select each sheet and print from there.

Its a big hassle but it gets you there.

The only trouble that i have previously had is occasionally printing a red yellow and black 3d look-alike. But restarting the program always fixed this.

Now we have this problem.

I'm sure they'll get it fixed for the next release. :beer:
HP Pavilion DV6
2.27 gigahertz Intel Core i5 M 430
3064 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory
NVIDIA GeForce GT 230M
Windows 7 Home Premium
Ryan Callahan
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Post by Ryan Callahan »

Mark, Bryan,

I am able to reproduce this printing issue and will do my best to insure it does make the next release.

Not sure what is exactly going on, but it is not what is desired.

Thanks for listing this.
Ryan Callahan
Thermwood
Dell Precision T3400 / Core 2 Quad Q9400 / 2.4GHz / 8GB RAM / 256MB NVIDIA Quadro FX3450 / Windows 7 x64
Mark McCallum
Guru Member

Post by Mark McCallum »

Thanks Therwood programers
V6Build 2, prints nest diagrams fine now. :D