Custom Layout

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Dickey Beckham

Custom Layout

Post by Dickey Beckham »

First I want to say thanks for a the hard work ever one has put the new program, But I am having so problems in V6
and would like to see if other are having the same problems or is it my 4-5 year old computer that not up to the task, I am running windows Xp, with Nvidia geforce 6100 video card, and at first I could not run V6 it keep locking up on me until I downloaded the new driver and then it was OK well though so. Here is some of what I am having problems with now other than every time i click on something I can count to 4 or 5 sec, before anything happens. Most of the problems are in the Custom Layout Room.

1. after I make the walls and pick a cabinet and in place mode align to back and slide the cabinet it up to the wall, sometimes it will work good and others time it will turn 90 deg, half of the cabinet will be on one side and haft on the other.

2. sometimes when placing a cabinet on the wall it will butt up the back as it should but go right through the cabinet on the side as if there was not one there.

3. and sometime not all times when placing the cabinet on a wall it jumps to the other side and yes the wall direction was right,

I do remember having some troublem with V4 in the Custom Layout room with the green tails and so on, but at the time I was running window 95. and it went away with 98 and to me it worked great with Xp. and so far everything looks and runs great but in the custom layout room placing cabinet on the wall.
Ryan Callahan
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Re: Custom Layout

Post by Ryan Callahan »

Dickey,

First, sorry you are having trouble with the new software. We are currently working on the major issues and speed/performance for the next release. I think your delay has to do with THIS THREAD here. The solution of selecting a different tab will help greatly in the Cabinet Editor, but the room not so much.

Another solution is to apply sub directories to organize your cabinets. If you open Windows Explorer and go to your cabinet directory, you can now divide your cabinets by directory. If you minimize the size of your directory, you will be able to greatly speed up the room layout. We have a solution for this and will place it in the next version.
Ryan Callahan
Thermwood
Dell Precision T3400 / Core 2 Quad Q9400 / 2.4GHz / 8GB RAM / 256MB NVIDIA Quadro FX3450 / Windows 7 x64