After the bugs are fixed in V6

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Bryan J Tanner
Guru Member
Company Name: Decor Designz

Re: After the bugs are fixed in V6

Post by Bryan J Tanner »

I agree with Gary,

If the options were to pay or loose e-cabinets I'd pay.

I feel keeping the core program free and paying for specific features would be fair as we all use the software in different ways.

Ken and the thermwood team have many years experience and only they know whats making them money. I'm sure they will make the best decisions.
HP Pavilion DV6
2.27 gigahertz Intel Core i5 M 430
3064 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory
NVIDIA GeForce GT 230M
Windows 7 Home Premium
Donald Thomson
Guru Member
Company Name: Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks

Re: After the bugs are fixed in V6

Post by Donald Thomson »

Gary, I'm diving in after you! :D :D

If it's a pay or loose eCabs - I will pay.

"Pay for features" might be a way for Thermwood to help offset some of their development costs. For example - ShopBot-Link is a pay for feature of eCabinets. By itself SBLink, is not much value. However, combined with the power of eCabs you have quite a combo. Maybe this approach for other capabilities might be something for Thermwood to look at. The new capabilities would have to substantial - like SBLink is quite a substantial capability - and a "pay for feature" rightly so.

Simply enhancing the CNC capabilities to be on the same level as the 3D rendering capabilities of the software might or might not be a substantial feature that fits in the "pay for feature" column. However, if the CNC capabilities were really enhanced included substantial new functionality (like what has been talked about in this thread), then, in my opinion, it would be a candidate in the "pay for feature" column.

My .02 cents worth.
Sincerely,

Don Thomson
Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
509-671-6230
Newport, WA
http://www.dlwoodworks.com