Shift+Left Click doesn't work in V6/Win7 Custom Layout

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Joe Harkin

Shift+Left Click doesn't work in V6/Win7 Custom Layout

Post by Joe Harkin »

The Shift+Left Click will not let me rotate the workspace in Custom Layout, either Plan view or Rendered. :?:
The only way I can do it is with the Rotate and/or Angle slider controls in Render view.
The combo does work in cabinet design, and yes the left mouse click does work for everything else.
Occasionally the view will rotate a few degrees if I hold the shift key and sort of "wipe" the cursor up/down/sideways while holding the left mouse click down.
Any thoughts? I'm kind of used to rotating around the Custom layout that way to see how things look.... :wall:
Joe Harkin
Custom PC- Intel Dual-Core Pentium, 4G RAM, Radeon 4670.512MB, Win7/64bit
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Re: Shift+Left Click doesn't work in V6/Win7 Custom Layout

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Joe,

Make sure you have the latest drivers for your graphics card installed. .

Kerry
Joe Harkin

Post by Joe Harkin »

Drivers are up-to-date, Kerry.
But screen re-draws after changes are a bit glitchy, too. I'll expand on that more later...
Joe Harkin
Custom PC- Intel Dual-Core Pentium, 4G RAM, Radeon 4670.512MB, Win7/64bit
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member

Joe,

I have also seen a decline in graphic card performance in V6 and I am still trying to find the cause. I did go into my card settings and change the Open GL to favor Performance instead of Quality. This helped some but my card performance is still much worse than what I had in V5. Let me know if you find any fixes.

Kerry
Mark McCallum
Guru Member

Post by Mark McCallum »

Hi Guys
I have two computers setup with ecabs 6. The notebook running a dual Pentium core T4300 @ 2.100 HZ, on board graphics and windows 7 home premium, was displaying graphics smoothly.
My desktop has a more powerful processor an Intel quad core Q900@2.66HZ and a Nivida 9800 GT graphics card. Windows 7 professional, which was not displaying graphics at all smoothly in the cabinet editor. Very jerky while rotating.
So yesterday with automatic upgrades under optional additional upgrades there was one for Nivida drivers which I promptly installed.
Runs perfectly.
I really feel for the ecabs programmers at the moment. Introducing a major upgrade, while Microsoft are upgrading their favoured operating system and all the combinations of hardware and software out there, It’s a wonder anything runs at all.
Jason Gooch
Guru Member

Post by Jason Gooch »

Hey folks - I just started experiencing this - utterly irritating. And yes, I feel sorry for the programmers too, I guess I feel sorrier for myself. It takes 4 days to finish drawings for a kitchen, very hard on the eyes. Has anyone seen any decent results, better fixes, etc? My Nvidia GeForce 6800 driver is up to date, I tweaked the performance setting, ack. I can only get the layout to rotate if I go all the way to Presentation View. Very cumbersome.

Thanks - Jason
Applebox Cabinetry and Furniture
www.appleboxwood.com
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member

I talked to Dean about this last week and he said that they had found some kind of bug in V6 that might be causing this. I hope this is the case. I entered my graphics card settings and set the Open GL all the way to performance instead of quality and it seemed to help some.

Kerry
Jason Gooch
Guru Member

Post by Jason Gooch »

Hi again Kerry - yah, I maxed performance up. Since going home yesterday and starting again today, it seems to be working. I expect it to seize up after I've been working on it for awhile.

-Jason
Applebox Cabinetry and Furniture
www.appleboxwood.com