Speed of V6 varies with use?

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Anthony Barbarino
Company Name: A B Custom Design

Re: Speed of V6 varies with use?

Post by Anthony Barbarino »

Gary, that was so very funny your comment about gaining 15lb going to make a sandwich after every mouse click. Thank you. I was starting to get frustrated. V5 seemed much faster. So I will just need to stock up on some sandwich meats and condiments.
Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Michael S Murray »

Anthony, its really not funny, I have a small kitchen in my office and its only about 10 steps to the fridge from my desk....................
Thinking on locking the door to it and putting the key in a block of ice in the shop fridge.......(far away)........
Mike Murray
Versatile Cabinet & Solid Surface
mike@versatilecabinet.com
http://www.versatilecabinet.com
Gary Campbell
Guru Member
Company Name: ShopBot Tools Inc

Post by Gary Campbell »

I dont know if something changed in V6b2 but I now get the following message after making a change in Const. Sett. Cant seem to tell if the timing is different, or Win 7 percieves eCabs as stopped. Sometimes I think it is. IF ignored eCabs goes on as usual. Message dissappears
eCabs Screen Saver.PNG
eCabs Screen Saver.PNG (38.9 KiB) Viewed 5524 times
Gary Campbell
ShopBot Tools Production Support

ShopBot (eCabinets) Link Training & Support
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

"Not responding" simply means that the program is not communicating with Windows. This can happen when a single-threaded process takes a long time to complete and does not keep Windows informed of its status.
Georgi Baltov
Guru Member
Company Name: Top Notch Cabinets

Post by Georgi Baltov »

The speed of the item window has increased quite a lot in V6B2 so they must have changed something. For a company that uses eCabinets to mainly cut and not design, for me it's more important that everything I create is cut properly on the machine. With my drawer box problem resolved for now I think everything has pretty much come to place with build 2.
Gary Campbell
Guru Member
Company Name: ShopBot Tools Inc

Post by Gary Campbell »

Georgi...
I wish I was in your shoes. I havnt found anything in the cutting area that V6 lacks from V5. That is a very good thing. My problem is that we are constantly designing for both estimates and cutting when we get the jobs. Almost every job comes from a different designer or shop, and each has their own specs. Maybe after a few more months soe of our existing work can become seeds for future. Until then, most will be derived from standard. Hopefully the pause interpreted by Win7 is something that the programmers can fix for future versions.
Gary Campbell
ShopBot Tools Production Support

ShopBot (eCabinets) Link Training & Support