Add new hardware ?

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Dale Wills
Company Name: none

Add new hardware ?

Post by Dale Wills »

Since upgrading to V6 and when opening some cabinets I keep getting prompted to add new hardware. So I click 'add all new hardware' but it never seems to work and when I go to open the cabinet again I get prompted to add hardware again. Why is the system asking for this when I had it all set properly in V5? It appears to me that eCabs maybe can't find the piece of hardware associated to the cabinet.
Any help much appreciated
Dale
Attachments
New Hardware.JPG
New Hardware.JPG (60.39 KiB) Viewed 10324 times
Dale Wills

Re: Add new hardware ?

Post by Dale Wills »

Ultimately I don't want to have to associate a piece of hardware to anything but only a hole pattern. We see all that is important is the hole pattern and don't want to mess around with selecting maunufacturers of hardware etc etc. With hinges you don't have to specify a product for your hinge and can choose to solely specify a hinge pattern. This suits me fine. When I comes to selecting the KD/RTA settings for a cabinet there appears to be no setting or option where you can clear the hardware and just leave a hole pattern. Does anyone know if this can be done?
Regards,
Dale
Ryan Callahan
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Post by Ryan Callahan »

Dale,

Can you post a sample job or cabinet that is causing this.

I think this error may have been resolved already, but I would like your case to verify for sure.

Thanks.
Ryan Callahan
Thermwood
Dell Precision T3400 / Core 2 Quad Q9400 / 2.4GHz / 8GB RAM / 256MB NVIDIA Quadro FX3450 / Windows 7 x64
Sean Jakob
Company Name: Sean Jakob Cabinets

Re: Add new hardware / replace

Post by Sean Jakob »

I am having exactly the same problems and more.

Problems I am having
===================
1. Same as Dale (No need to post a job to see this happen, use the the "upper frameless cabinet on the Standard Cabinet Library", then try to save a new piece of hardware in place of the Hafele HF-26310705, then you'll have all sorts of problems.

2. When I take any cabinet and (test the upper frameless cabinet on the Standard Cabinet Library), then try to add a new KD/RTA fitting called a "Screw" (or similar) that I added to the Hardware list, the Cabinet and buy list will still reflect the std Hafele HF-26310705 CAM fitting.

3. When I change the default Hole Pattern and then select the "Apply to Cabinet", it does not change the hole pattern on the cabinet

4. When I select either a new Default "KD Hardware" or "Hole Pattern" and then select the "Apply to Cabinet", neither change is populated in the "Change Applied Hardware Per Part" screen. The original Hafele HF-26310705 CAM fitting and it's associated hole boring remain.

NOTE, I have my own libraries also, and all of these cabinets have the same or near identical products

Any ideas anyone?

:wall:
Sean Jakob

Post by Sean Jakob »

The above should have said
NOTE, I have my own libraries also, and all of these cabinets have the same or near identical problems
Ryan Callahan
Thermwood Team

Post by Ryan Callahan »

Dale,

If possible, it would be great to have a sample just to verify that indeed the problem is resolved in the next build release of the software.

Sean,
I can reproduce your issues using Build1, but not with the latest developers copy. So everything you mention appears to be working for the next release.

I will be glad to verify that on my system using the latest fixes if you would like to post a custom pattern and cabinet that has the issue currently in it. At a minimum, it will be a great verification.

I look forward to further testing.
Ryan Callahan
Thermwood
Dell Precision T3400 / Core 2 Quad Q9400 / 2.4GHz / 8GB RAM / 256MB NVIDIA Quadro FX3450 / Windows 7 x64
Dale Wills

Post by Dale Wills »

Ryan,

Attached is one of the spoken cabinets I'm having trouble with.
Cheers mate,
Dale
Attachments
Base Cabinet 16mm.hsf
(368.02 KiB) Downloaded 283 times
Sean Jakob

Post by Sean Jakob »

Hi Ryan
Thanks for your reply. :beer:

I have attached the following:
a) 5mm screw clearance hole 16p25 deep.ptn
b) LocalStore.mdb
c) Std Upper Frameless.hsf

All zipped up

Please let me know if it is fixed. Also, an idea of timing? I can't really go any further with my libraries until this is sorted. 1 month? 6 months?
Attachments
V6 KD_RTA Issues.zip
Files re V6 KD Issues
(2.26 MiB) Downloaded 273 times
Ryan Callahan
Thermwood Team

Post by Ryan Callahan »

Dale,

Your cabinet loads fine with all hardware being added as expected. Thanks.

Sean,
Your scenario as well seems good now. I did the following to apply your pattern:
  • 1.) Load std cabinet
    2.) Select KD/RTA tab and changed default pattern to your 5mm one
    3.) Selected Apply to Cabinet
    4.) Construction Settings->Global->KD/RTA Construction to turn on KDs
    5.) OK to return to main.
Your pattern was applied to cabinet as expected.

So, to answer your question: Much less than 1 month. The next update is being put together and tested, so with any luck, soon.
Ryan Callahan
Thermwood
Sean Jakob

Post by Sean Jakob »

Ryan

Could you please also test the other aspect of my problem which was:

1.) Load std cabinet
2.) Select KD/RTA tab and changed default RTA Hardware to the "Screw - 28x8 Pbd" that I had created in the LocalStore.mdb that I sent to you
3.) Selected Apply to Cabinet
4.) Construction Settings->Global->KD/RTA Construction to turn on KDs
5.) OK to return to main.
6.) Click on the Cabinet Buy List and make sure that the correct qty of "Screw - 28x8 Pbd" has been calculated

Thank You
Sean
Ryan Callahan
Thermwood Team

Post by Ryan Callahan »

Sean,

Following your steps using your files, all data seems correct. Hole patterns are correct. This is what I get in the Cabinet Buy List:
Attachments
SeanBuyList.jpg
SeanBuyList.jpg (25.96 KiB) Viewed 10171 times
Ryan Callahan
Thermwood
Sean Jakob

Post by Sean Jakob »

Thank you, that's awesome.

I'm going to be holding my breathe till the new build.
:oops:
Sean Jakob

Post by Sean Jakob »

Hi Ryan
I have also posted the following on the topic called Defining new hardware, but had not had a response. Could you take a look at this and if possible see if they can resolve it prior to next build.

When I try to Define Hardware Categories, the system creates som odd looking subfolders are follows:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Thermwood\eCabinet Systems\hardware\user created\100C_6A02_400D_852C_BA3D
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Thermwood\eCabinet Systems\hardware\user created\326F_BD01_4FC1_9495_07E0
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Thermwood\eCabinet Systems\hardware\user created\651A_01D2_4241_8158_629F

Now when you are in the hardware catalogue editor the categories are listed as the names that I elected.

Then I create a new hardware part called ADJ-LEG and save it into a new category I just created.

After I try to select the new piece of hardware and associate it with a cabinet,two problems emerge:
a) The names of the new category are not displayed in the selection pane (see diagram)
b) The ADJ-LEG that I created can't be located
Hardware catalogue editor weird names for new categories
Hardware catalogue editor weird names for new categories
eCabs post error.jpg (31.02 KiB) Viewed 10288 times
Ryan Callahan
Thermwood Team

Post by Ryan Callahan »

Sean,

Sorry, thought I had answered that one.

Yes, there is an issue. It has to do with USER CREATED.

Thanks for pointing it out. It should be fixed in the next release.
Ryan Callahan
Thermwood
Neville Bastian
Guru Member
Company Name: Classic Cabinetry

Post by Neville Bastian »

Hi Everyone.
I thought Kerry explained how this new feature works but sure where that post is. We seem to be having trouble keeping hardware attached to a seed or template cabinet. I know Kerry has it working well so is there a discussion paper or reference material I can look at?
Regards
Neville
Neville Australia