Associations to cacbinets

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Gary Puckett
Wizard Member
Company Name: The Woodworkery

Associations to cacbinets

Post by Gary Puckett »

We need to get rid of the association to a cabinet, reason being if you are putting something on the cabinet it should be apart of the cabinet automatically . I just got done fighting this darn program to apply a base cove molding to a cabinet only to come back and find I did not associate it to the cabinet.

I am unable to use the apply base molding feature because it 1) puts the base molding at the top of the cabinet, and 2) it puts it in the wrong rotation and you can not rotate the molding in this area.

Very Very Frustrated

Gary
HP Pavilion
Vista home Premium 64bit S. pack 2
AMD Phenom-X4
9850 Quad-Core Processor
6.0GB/Go Memory
1 TB/To Hard Drive
Nividia GeForce 9800 GT
Rick Deskins
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood

Re: Associations to cacbinets

Post by Rick Deskins »

"I am unable to use the apply base molding feature because it 1) puts the base molding at the top of the cabinet, and 2) it puts it in the wrong rotation and you can not rotate the molding in this area."

1. In the molding editor, there are two input boxes. Distance to Top and Distance to Bottom. You can control where the moldling is place by changing one of these numbers.
Rick Deskins
eCabinet Systems Programmer
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM/ AMD FirePro V4900
Gary Puckett
Wizard Member
Company Name: The Woodworkery

Post by Gary Puckett »

Rick,

Yes that will work, but if you tell it that it is a base mold it should not be placed at the to. Also when it puts acove mold at the top insted of the bottom the oreintation of the molding is wrong.
Gary
HP Pavilion
Vista home Premium 64bit S. pack 2
AMD Phenom-X4
9850 Quad-Core Processor
6.0GB/Go Memory
1 TB/To Hard Drive
Nividia GeForce 9800 GT
Sean Jakob
Company Name: Sean Jakob Cabinets

Post by Sean Jakob »

Gary
I agree that it would be better to have the association "ON" by default, rather than "OFF".

I too have spent time adding additional parts etc, only to save and close the cabinet, recall it and notice everything not specifically assosicated is gone.

One tip. If you double click the cabinet before you add any parts to it, the association is made automatically for you.

Sean