angled cabinet problems again

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Lorin Ylioja
Company Name: Heritage Woodcraft

angled cabinet problems again

Post by Lorin Ylioja »

I am trying to design an isalnd to replace an existing one. The center cabinet is a 22 inch bank of drawers(easy). On each side is a quadrilateral?? (unsure on terminology) with a single door. The front side with door is 14 5/8" wide. One side is 90 degrees to this and is 24 inches. The other side is also 24" but the angle is greater than 90. The length of the back is 32 5/8". I have been able to draw the parts in my Aspire software but can't figure how to do it with Ecabs.
Any help or suggestions woulld be appreciated.
Thank you Lorin
Bryan J Tanner
Guru Member
Company Name: Decor Designz

Re: angled cabinet problems again

Post by Bryan J Tanner »

Hi

Can you post a drawing of the cabinet?
HP Pavilion DV6
2.27 gigahertz Intel Core i5 M 430
3064 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory
NVIDIA GeForce GT 230M
Windows 7 Home Premium
Kenneth Rychlik

Post by Kenneth Rychlik »

Lorin,

The drawing tools in ecabs are poor compared to aspire, but you can make dxf files in aspire and bring them in to the cabinet part editor.

Look down a few post and I had asked about how to do it. There were several good answers that helped.

It would still be faster and easier to just toolpath them in aspire based on the ones I have done.

Kenneth
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Lorin,

I am with Bryan, post a sketch of what you are trying to do or a picture of the existing island. I am not following what it is that you want.

kerry
Lorin Ylioja

Post by Lorin Ylioja »

I am still quite weak with computers. I am not even sure how to post the pic. I think for this job (which I am doing with no rendering- thankfully) I will tool path seperately with Aspire. I haven't figured out the part editor yet as much as I have studied my Ecabs guide. I supppose when I get time I will subscribe to the training online and figure it out. I just got a new work station which I will setup and learn V6 on.
Thanks
Lorin
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member

Lorin, Kenneth,

The part editor in eCabinets is really a quite capable tool once you learn how to use it and will probably do most of the things you would ever want to cut on a cabinet. I have found it is great not having to use a third party software.

I may be wrong but I would bet all of Lorin's parts can be created in eCabinets.

Kerry
Kenneth Rychlik

Kerry, I am sure you are correct, but if you ever ran the other program you would understand.

It is like the difference between skinning a deer with a Rock, or a Razor sharp knife.

Ecabs is great for boxes though and I love the cutting link.

Kenneth
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member

Kenneth,

Probably part of it is the fact you have spent a lot more time sharpening the other program to get it razor sharp. :D

I thought Lorin was working on a box.
Kenneth Rychlik

Kerry,

Lorin is building a box, but not a normal square one.

I have been using ecabs for YEARS longer than the other program. It is just that easy to use. I even took a class with Dennis on ecabs.

I started with ecabs back 5 or 6 years ago. (several versions ago) I have been using the other one less than a year with no class or anything.

The only trouble with that program is that you have to design each part individually, but for the strange stuff it's worth going back to.

It's kind of like using one tool in the shop to do every job, when another tool may be better suited for some of them. If I told you to use only one tool to build your next kitchen in your shop, you would have a hard time with it.

kenneth
Lorin Ylioja

Post by Lorin Ylioja »

Don't get me wrong. I think ecabs and the shopbot link are the best things that have happened for my business. I have no doubt it can do it just that I need to get more familiar with the part editor.
Lorin