Sizing placement and nesting issue

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Mark McCallum
Guru Member

Sizing placement and nesting issue

Post by Mark McCallum »

Hi guys,
2 things. The first is anyone else having problems with decimal places as illustrated?
I think this may only be a metric problem, but is any one else having the same issue?
I think this may only be a metric problem, but is any one else having the same issue?
Funny sizes2.JPG (53.65 KiB) Viewed 4677 times
The way I see it.In the picture above, I have selected the panel, The red size says 1.2263 (which should be 1225mm) and the to top black numbering says 771 (which should be 1325mm,allowing 100 for the wall.)? yes, no? and again the bottom has the funny sizing

And the second is, I have gone halfway around this kitchen and am unable to place and align the fridge panels and cupboards. No big deal, but when I try and take it to nest diagrams, It loads the cabinets then nothing happens.
I transferred the job to another computer but same result.
kitchen.JPG
kitchen.JPG (38.98 KiB) Viewed 4677 times
Also I was unable to add a bench top, the active points showed up once but no more, I have given up. (For tonight) :)
I think I’ll head back over to the cabinet editor and batch cabinets for now. :)
Any pointers greatly apreciated
Attachments
LindaFordy.esj
If someone can tell me what I am doing wrong. I will be very happy.
(7.36 MiB) Downloaded 311 times
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Re: Sizing placement and nesting issue

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Mark,

Your cabinets have lost their Part Bodies.

You can take one of your cabinets from the room into the cab editor and try to nest it from there and it won't nest. If you select that cabinet and right click and choose Remove Part Editor Cuts/From entire Cabinet then nest it from the cabinet editor it will nest.

In short you will have to pull every cabinet from the room one by one and do the remove part editor cuts thing and return them to the room saving the changes to the room. If you had Part editor cuts on any of the cabinets you will have to re-do them. After this your job will nest.

I know it is a pain but I have had to do it several times to fix jobs.

You will also notice that if you try to take any part of these cabinets into the part editor before you fix them you will get an error about Part Bodies.

(if you have saved any of these cabinets from this room to your library, they most likely will be missing part bodies and give you trouble the next time you use them.)

I think they have fixed the sequence of events that causes this to happen.

The placement thing looks like a bug also. eCabinets should be reading dimensions from the inside finished surface of all walls. It shouldn't include the thickness of the walls.

I don't know about the decimal point thing.

Kerry
Mark McCallum
Guru Member

Post by Mark McCallum »

Again thanks for the reply and the solution Kerry.
You have put as much or more time into this job as I have. :)
Hopefully the the next build will be out soon.
Mark McCallum
Guru Member

Post by Mark McCallum »

Hi Kerry. PS to the above reply
I was wondering about the measurements from the outside walls, and I was waiting for enlightenment to hit me. :)
Just to make clearer the other point I am trying to make, here are 2 more pictures.
Funny sizes6.JPG
Funny sizes6.JPG (36.87 KiB) Viewed 4634 times
These cupboards are side by side. The top one is flush against the wall (Reasonably certain) and the bottom one is about 6mm off the wall. I have round to the nearest millimetre switched on and as you can see the top numbers are a bit long.
Funny size 7.JPG
Funny size 7.JPG (39.4 KiB) Viewed 4634 times
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Mark,

This is being addressed on the Beta Testing forum so maybe we can see some fixes in future builds. I am not sure this has ever worked correctly.

Kerry
Jason Gooch
Guru Member

Post by Jason Gooch »

To my knowledge, the placement in plan view has never worked properly. Hopefully it'll be fixed in the next build, it would be pretty helpful. Plus I hate to see those goofy numbers just mocking me....
Applebox Cabinetry and Furniture
www.appleboxwood.com