Failed to create empty document

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Failed to create empty document

Post by Nick M Singer »

Hi there, I have had this recurring problem on my notebook when I install or upgrade eCabs. I have raised it a few times before but there has not been a solution. I just upgraded to build 3 and I got the error message in the subject line. This occurs once I have installed and the program is trying to verify on line before starting up for the first time. In the past it has spontaneously come right but does not want to this time. I have switched off my Anti virus, Anti Spam and Firewall. My Notebook runs on XP Pro
Ryan Callahan
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Re: Failed to create empty document

Post by Ryan Callahan »

Nick,

Has eCabinets (any previous version) been working well on this machine, or has it never successfully been running to the point design anything?

Let us know, or feel free to call, and we will see what can be done to get you up and using the new Build 3.
Ryan Callahan
Thermwood
Dell Precision T3400 / Core 2 Quad Q9400 / 2.4GHz / 8GB RAM / 256MB NVIDIA Quadro FX3450 / Windows 7 x64
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Ryan,

Nick has been plagued with this for quite some time and I am not sure it has ever been addressed.

HERE and HERE are two other threads (dating back to 2008) where he has reported this problem. You might look at them, I don't know if they will help you.

Kerry
Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Post by Nick M Singer »

Yes I have managed to run the program, in the past I have managed to get it to work but I always get the same error when registering or verifying. I thought it may have something to do with Administrator privileges. I have seen a similar problem on another PC when trying to create a CNC file.