Walls, assemblies and cabinets loosing associations

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Donald Thomson
Guru Member
Company Name: Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks

Walls, assemblies and cabinets loosing associations

Post by Donald Thomson »

I go through the process of associating a cabinet, assembly, appliance, etc. to a wall. I then select the wall and press 'W' to see the wall view so I can move the object up or down on the wall. I get to the wall view and the associations for some of the objects are lost. For example a sink I'm trying to place in a sink base cabinet keeps loosing wall association. I go back to top layout view, re-associate and try again with the 'W' command. This time the sink is there. Go back to top view and 'W' view, sink association is gone and I have to go back to top and re-associate. I've attached the file where this problem seems to be occurring. Makes it kinda time consuming to try and get things located properly... :?
Attachments
Butler Kitchen V6.esj
(1.82 MiB) Downloaded 235 times
Sincerely,

Don Thomson
Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
509-671-6230
Newport, WA
http://www.dlwoodworks.com
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Re: Walls, assemblies and cabinets loosing associations

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Donald,

When I opened your job the sink was associated to the left hand wall and is still there after going to the elevation view. I have associated it to the other two walls and they seem ok also

Maybe it is an operating system problem. I am using XP Pro.

I'll keep playing with it.

Kerry
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Donald,

If I move the sink around in the overhead view it does lose it's wall associations.
Donald Thomson
Guru Member
Company Name: Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks

Post by Donald Thomson »

Thanks Kerry,

At first I thought it might be a machine specific problem. I run Windows 7 on 8GB RAM with a quad core processor. I just never know whether it's a eCabs bug or a situation/configuration of my computer. I'm still running into intermittent crash problems with build 3. Also running into real SLOOOOWWWWW downs in the software after running for about 15 minutes.

Based on your ability to repeat this I do believe this is a bug that needs to get logged by Thermwood. As I am not a beta tester and I think you are, could you post this onto the beta forum as a repeatable bug or should I send a bug report via email directly to eCabs support?

Thanks again.
Sincerely,

Don Thomson
Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
509-671-6230
Newport, WA
http://www.dlwoodworks.com
Rick Deskins
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood

Post by Rick Deskins »

Donald Thomson wrote:Thanks Kerry,

At first I thought it might be a machine specific problem. I run Windows 7 on 8GB RAM with a quad core processor. I just never know whether it's a eCabs bug or a situation/configuration of my computer. I'm still running into intermittent crash problems with build 3. Also running into real SLOOOOWWWWW downs in the software after running for about 15 minutes.

Based on your ability to repeat this I do believe this is a bug that needs to get logged by Thermwood. As I am not a beta tester and I think you are, could you post this onto the beta forum as a repeatable bug or should I send a bug report via email directly to eCabs support?

Thanks again.
Posting here will get any bugs logged by Thermwood. No need to go to beta forum as that is for beta releases. Also, if you are having crashes, you need to report this. If it crashes, list the steps that you were doing, maybe a possible hsf or esj file, and maybe a possible screenshot of any error descriptions in the event viewer that are associated with ecabinets.exe. We cant fix it if we dont know about it. If you are having a problem, then most likely other users maybe have the same problem.
Rick Deskins
eCabinet Systems Programmer
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM/ AMD FirePro V4900