Cannot Change Cabinet Dimensions

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Derrick Monson

Cannot Change Cabinet Dimensions

Post by Derrick Monson »

I removed all of the parts of a cabinet except for the face-frame and back, did some editing, and saved it.

Now when I load it into the Cabinet Editor, I cannot change the dimensions of it on the main screen. The boxes are grayed out and do not allow me to enter anything.

When I try to change construction settings, It gives me this unworkable dimensions message.
Attachments
Berend Island End.hsf
(202.02 KiB) Downloaded 283 times
Unworkable Dimension.jpg
Unworkable Dimension.jpg (53.94 KiB) Viewed 4199 times
Gateway E6100 / Pentium 4 / 2.8GHz / 2.56 GB RAM / Radeon X1950 Pro XGE 256MB / XP Pro
Ryan Callahan
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Re: Cannot Change Cabinet Dimensions

Post by Ryan Callahan »

Derrick,

Seems you have found an issue. This should work, and I will do my best to make sure that it makes it into the next update.

As a work around until that time, you can load your cabinet into the batch, resizing as it is loaded, then take it to the cabinet editor to manipulate as necessary. From the Cabinet Editor, you can then save off the cabinet as the new size.

Just a possible fix for now to keep you going.

Thanks for letting us know.
Ryan Callahan
Thermwood
Dell Precision T3400 / Core 2 Quad Q9400 / 2.4GHz / 8GB RAM / 256MB NVIDIA Quadro FX3450 / Windows 7 x64
Ryan Callahan
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Post by Ryan Callahan »

Derrick,

Upon closer examination, we have found that what is causing this to happen is that you have a 0" depth. Now 0" will work, but only if there are NO other cabinet parts associated other than Face Frames.

OK, no worries, if you still want to make the cabinet in this way, there is an easy solution, and that is to have a depth of something. So to make this a logical thing, lets set the depth of the cabinet to the thickness of the face frame, so 3/4". Now add this to your back inset so that the back panel will be located in the center as you are trying to achieve. Now you will have a variable size cabinet to use in your library.

So, to fix your cabinets, you can load them into the batch, setting a depth as described above. Take it to the Cabinet editor, alter the back settings, and then save for future use. This will allow you to repair your library now without waiting.

Hope this information will come in useful.
Attachments
Berend Island End - fixed.hsf
File set with .75" thickness instead of 0"
(204.02 KiB) Downloaded 280 times
Ryan Callahan
Thermwood
Dell Precision T3400 / Core 2 Quad Q9400 / 2.4GHz / 8GB RAM / 256MB NVIDIA Quadro FX3450 / Windows 7 x64
Derrick Monson

Post by Derrick Monson »

Thank you Ryan.

Since they were simple cabinets, I rebuilt them and assigned a thickness to them equal to the face frame thickness like you suggested. Works great now.

Much appreciated!

Derrick
Gateway E6100 / Pentium 4 / 2.8GHz / 2.56 GB RAM / Radeon X1950 Pro XGE 256MB / XP Pro