Align to back not aligning to back

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Tom Nienow
Company Name: Nienow Woodwork

Align to back not aligning to back

Post by Tom Nienow »

While working in custom layout, when placing cabinets in the room with place mode set to Aligh To Back, cabinets go through the walls, not butting right up to the wall. I'm using V6B3, haven't tried another job yet to see if it's consistant
JohnLashuay
Guru Member
Company Name: Rylex Custom Cabinetry-Close

Re: Align to back not aligning to back

Post by JohnLashuay »

Tom, just curious, but you might want to look at the "build direction" of the wall? I have seen this happen when I have tried to put a cabinet on the back side of a wall.
Rylex Custom Cabinetry & Closets
http://www.rylexonline.com
Thermwood CS 43
Tom Nienow

Post by Tom Nienow »

The build direction of the walll is right, once the cabinet is through the wall it won't go back through the non-build side, ya gotta carry it through a doorway, and some of these cabinets are heavy.
Wally Schneeberger
Guru Member

Post by Wally Schneeberger »

Tom Nienow wrote:The build direction of the walll is right, once the cabinet is through the wall it won't go back through the non-build side, ya gotta carry it through a doorway, and some of these cabinets are heavy.
I always work in Free style and just zoom in on the wall and move the cabinets in small increments ( 1/32") until touching. I find it is less problems and quicker.
Tom Nienow

Post by Tom Nienow »

That's pretty much how I've been loading things too! I always try to use the 'align to back' option with hopes that maybe someday it'll begin working the way it used to again.