V6-4 Running slow very slow

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Gary Puckett
Wizard Member
Company Name: The Woodworkery

V6-4 Running slow very slow

Post by Gary Puckett »

Is anyone else have a problem with the speed of calculating items for a cabinet?

It is taking about 4 min. to take a cabinet from the room and add drawer slides and hinges then put it back into the room. COME ON

It then took about for ever to calculate a cost list. Why does eCab always have this problem none of my other programs run this slow. I don't meen when the program is generating a cabinet, just adding hardware or calculating a buy list schould not take 4-5 min.

Is it my system, I don't think it's weak ( see specks)

Gary
HP Pavilion
Vista home Premium 64bit S. pack 2
AMD Phenom-X4
9850 Quad-Core Processor
6.0GB/Go Memory
1 TB/To Hard Drive
Nividia GeForce 9800 GT
Dan Calvert
Company Name: Calvert Custom Cabinetry

Re: V6-4 Running slow very slow

Post by Dan Calvert »

I just update to version 4 and removed a cabinet from custom layout created this morning in version 3, changed a door and returned it to custom layout in less than a minute. My system is as follows:

AMD 9500 Quad-Core 2.20 GHz
3 Gig of Ram
Vista Home Premium
NVIDIA Quadro FX 570 Video Adaptor
Rick Deskins
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood

Post by Rick Deskins »

Gary Puckett wrote:It is taking about 4 min. to take a cabinet from the room and add drawer slides and hinges then put it back into the room. COME ON
Gary
Can you post the job and cabinet files? Does this only happen when working with a large room? Does it happen if you have a room only with the single cabient?
Rick Deskins
eCabinet Systems Programmer
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM/ AMD FirePro V4900
Tom Nienow
Company Name: Nienow Woodwork

Post by Tom Nienow »

Slow to the point of frustration. While working in the Layout Editor editing cabinets takes about 5 minutes, generally the program freezes up & I have to re-start not accomplishing anything, I could let the program run it's course but it takes too long, I could cut my lawn while waiting for cabinet edits come back and edit another cabinet, by then the grass needs cutting again, it's brutally slow. Version 5 worked great on this system, I plan on upgrading my graghics card, but I see the systems others are using and still having trouble so I'm holding off on spending $400 on a new card for now
My system is as follows:
Dell Vostro 220
Intell Dual Processor
E7300@2.66 GHz
3 Gig Ram
ATI Radeon HD3450
Lorin Ylioja
Company Name: Heritage Woodcraft

Post by Lorin Ylioja »

I don't even know the specifics of my ststem. I had it put together by a friend using surplus workstation. I am very impressed by the speed of 6.4. Everything seems to finish up in seconds as compared to minutes with 5xx and old computer.
Lorin
Ken Susnjara
Thermwood Team

Post by Ken Susnjara »

6.4 is faster than the previous release. We didn't say anything about it because we still believe the system is way too slow. Speeding up the software is THE major task we are working on. We feel that our users will benefit more from a really fast system than from any additions we could add at this point. Dramatically improving performance is not a trivial task. It will take some real time and effort but in the long run it will likely have a greater impact on users than anything else we could do. It is possible that some of the new releases will have no other feature than it runs certain functions faster.
Jeremy Schiffer
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Corlane Custom Cabinetry LLC

Post by Jeremy Schiffer »

This is most odd. Our computer is certainly not the biggest and best, but all in all V6 runs just fine. Not noticeably faster or slower. Seems to me if it were a problem with the program, it would run slow on everyone's computer, but some folks say it's faster, some say it's slower.
http://www.corlanecabinetry.com

Intel Core i7-5820 3.3GHz, 16GB RAM, NVidia Quadro K2200 4GB, Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
CS-41 4x8
CS-45 5x12
Tom Nienow
Company Name: Nienow Woodwork

Post by Tom Nienow »

Speed is my biggest issue,I've been spending way to much time designing and not enough time constructing, the design aspect gets the job but construcion pays.I really appreciate the efforts to get me back in the shop