V6.4 download & 5.2 extension

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Steve Detina
Company Name: Silhouette Custom Cabinets

V6.4 download & 5.2 extension

Post by Steve Detina »

I have been trying to download the latest version of ecab and it hangs in the middle of the download each time. Has anyone else had this problem.

I am currently running 6.3 on one laptop for testing and some production work but the majority of my production work still is coming from V5.2. I also have a number of jobs that I have started in 5.2 and will be completeing shortly but not before 5.2 expires. Is there going to be a another extension for 5.2, this would minimize any possible production problems until I complete my transition to 6.4.

As for my transition to 6.3 instead of trying to just copy all of my cabinets over I have just recreated them in the new version, I takes a while because my lib has literally thousands of cabinets. Have there been any issues when you just copy the lib from 5.2 to 6.3.

Buy the way the new version of ecab looks great and works really good. The boys and girls at thermwood put a lot of effort into it and it shows. Thanks guys. :beer: :beer:
Georgi Baltov
Guru Member
Company Name: Top Notch Cabinets

Re: V6.4 download & 5.2 extension

Post by Georgi Baltov »

Steve,

there has not been issues with migrating cabinets and jobs from V5 to V6. I have tried it on pretty big and complex jobs and they got cut the same way as with V5. It's really your call. Sooner or later you are going to have to move to V6 as we have. Currently V6.4 is pretty stable and I think that the only thing that might need work is speed in custom layout. Everything else works pretty good.

Regarding time extension I can't help you there.

Let me know if you still can't download the file and I will send you a different link. All I need is your e-mail address.
Steve Detina
Company Name: Silhouette Custom Cabinets

Post by Steve Detina »

Thanks for the reply. I have tried again and it still stalls about half way through. So if you can send me another link that would be great. My email is steved@silhouettecustomcabinets.com.
Georgi Baltov
Guru Member
Company Name: Top Notch Cabinets

Post by Georgi Baltov »

Hi Steve,

I am sending the file right now. You will receive an e-mail with attached link. Use it to download then extract and install. I hope you have WinRar or similar. If not just download one that recognizes .rar extension.