Can't Install V6.4

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Timothy Sadler

Can't Install V6.4

Post by Timothy Sadler »

I'v been running V5.7 extention on my laptop and tried to upgrade to V6.4 and it keeps stoping at the end and gives me an (Error #1327 Invalid F:/ Drive)
I downloaded right from E-Cabs Upgrade to the Desktop and ran it as usual. I don't know were the F drive stuff is coming from, it should be loading to C:
Can anyone shed some light on ths for me.
Ryan Callahan
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Re: Can't Install V6.4

Post by Ryan Callahan »

Timothy,

Does your computer have an F:\ Drive? I am guessing that it does not have one right now, but I would bet that it did have one at one time.

I think what has happened is that you have ran the update from a portable thumb drive or network drive that was labeled F: at the time. Now, when the upgrade attempts to uninstall the old version 5, it cannot find the path of the original installation.

So, an easy fix that has worked for me in the past is to simply plug in a thumb drive and make sure it is labeled F:\. It might be necessary to have the version 5.2b7 upgrade installation on this thumb drive as well.

I hope this points you in the correct direction to resolve this problem.

If you need more help, feel free to contact us for further assistance.
Ryan Callahan
Thermwood
Dell Precision T3400 / Core 2 Quad Q9400 / 2.4GHz / 8GB RAM / 256MB NVIDIA Quadro FX3450 / Windows 7 x64
Timothy Sadler

Re: Can't Install V6.4

Post by Timothy Sadler »

Hey Ryan
Worked like a charm! Thanks so much. Once again you have saved the day.
Tim