Contraints behaving strangely in V6

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Matt Snowball

Contraints behaving strangely in V6

Post by Matt Snowball »

Hi all,

We use a lot of constraints as a way of locating and moving hole patterns on the cabinets.

I have recently migrated to V6 , but I now have several seed cabinets (constructed in V5) on which some panels are refusing to resize. It appears that some of the constraints are interacting in a new way. Using the attached assembly, the 'Deck' of the larger cabinet will now not resize properly if changing the cabinet 'width' .

So in an attempt to troubleshoot this, I take the 'Deck ' Into constraint manager.
Editing the '86.31mm' constraint at the very top right should cause the associated hole pattern to move, however the constraint will not change value if edited, and hence the pattern will now not move.

OK , so now I delete all constraints attached to the rectangular pattern on top left, and return to main area, answering 'yes' to applying the constraints.

Cabinet width still will not resize properly, however here's the really weird thing:
Go back into Constraint Manager and most of the other constraints on the 'Deck' are now missing.

Also, attempts to edit the upper right '86mm' constraint are now successful, however the rectangular pocket to the left is now moving at the same time. Attempts to correct this by vertically constraining the rectangular pocket then prohibit editing the 86mm constraint again.

So to summarise for this cabinet:
1) Constraints are somehow prohibiting part resize, where before was OK .
2) Deleting some constraints causes the deletion of many unrelated others.
3) Pockets whose constraints have been removed appear to be 'tied' when other constaints are dynamically altered.

This same effect is occurring on many cabinets previously successfully resized in V5 from this seed, so this is not a new corruption of a single cabinet.

Anyone have any similar experiences ? Anyone have an answer ?

Thanks

Matt
Attachments
T3 Trunk 8 Handles with const Big Cath Stay 10mm (2).zip
(8.92 KiB) Downloaded 268 times
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Re: Contraints behaving strangely in V6

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Matt,

It looks like all that is in the attached zip is the .jpg of the cabinet (thumbnail picture). Please attached the .hsf and I will take a look at it.
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000
Matt Snowball

Post by Matt Snowball »

Oops - new zip attached . Thanks Scott
Attachments
T3 Trunk 8 Handles with const Big Cath Stay 10mm.zip
(458.87 KiB) Downloaded 262 times
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Matt,

I have listed this for the programmers to investigate. If I learn more, I will let you know. Thanks for the post.
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000