face frame on both sides of an island

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

MarkWellscc

face frame on both sides of an island

Post by MarkWellscc »

I am building an "island type" work center. The customer wants access from either side of the cabinet. I'm trying to design in e-cabinets in order to create a buy list.
How do I build a box with a bottom, 2 ends and face frames on both sides?

Thank you,

MWellsCC
John J. Desmond
Company Name: American Millwork Company

Re: face frame on both sides of an island

Post by John J. Desmond »

Mark,

It might do you well to make a second cabinet and delete all parts except the face frame. Save the face frame and then add it to the other cabinet. Make sure the original cabinet has no back. I hope this helps.

John
John J. Desmond

I just thought I had better give an example.
Test Cabinet.jpg
Test Cabinet.jpg (50.26 KiB) Viewed 5101 times

John
MarkWellscc

Post by MarkWellscc »

Thanks John,

This IS what I wanted to do. However, forgive me for sounding ignorant, I don't know how to "save" and "attach" to cabinet.

Thanks,

MWCC
John J. Desmond

Mark,

You are not ignorant at all. I have asked similar questions as well. First, to save a cabinet, or anything for that matter you simply use the button up in the left corner of the cabinet editor ( the main screen of eCabs). It is next to the button with the blue X in it. It looks like an old floppy disk case. Click that and you will save the work you have done. You can save it to the Standard Cabinets file. Make sure you name it. After you save your cabinet you can then do the second cabinet and after you get it done ( the face frame being the way you want it) then delete all parts except the face frame. You then save it the same way you did the cabinet before. Don't forget to name the face frame. Then click the button with the blue X in it (upper left corner) and start over. Retrieve the cabinet you saved. I would suggest moving the cabinet to the left or right slightly before retrieving the face frame. After retrieving the face frame you can turn the face frame around using the button that has the yellow arrow on it (double click on the face frame to highlight it first). After turning your face frame simply put it into place by holding down the shift key and and hitting the arrow buttons on your keyboard. You should view the help manual which will explain all of this in better detail. The help manual is under the help tab in the program. This really good help. Hope this helps.

John