'No more memory available' error?

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

markvan

'No more memory available' error?

Post by markvan »

Any one know what is causing this error? I get this from time to time, which crashes e-cabinets, losing all work since the last save.

I've got lots of memory, 9 gigs total, only 3.1 in use at the time of this error. Could this be a faulty memory sdram chip? or maybe the memory on the video card? (Quadro FX3500).... Just a bug in the software? I've got pretty good airflow through a large case, and a Antec spotcool fan cooling the memory, so I can't see it getting hot and causing any problems...

This last time I got the error I was working in the countertop editor, which I wouldn't think would be really that memory intensive...

If it makes any difference here is what I am running:

Windows 7
I7 920
9 GB Ram
Quadro FX3500
Attachments
Error01.jpg
Error01.jpg (28.13 KiB) Viewed 11567 times
Donald Thomson
Guru Member
Company Name: Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks

Re: 'No more memory available' error?

Post by Donald Thomson »

I think it is serious memory leaks in the Hoops subsystem. I have this problem now and then also - loosing all my work since last also. Really annoying since you never know when it is just going to pop up and loose everything for you.

Since no other applications on my computer have these kinds of problems (Dell XPS, 8GB Ram, quad-core processor, Windows 7 Pro 64-bit) I don't think it has anything to do with my computer. I use graphics intensive CAD programs and video/photo editing programs and they are all fine and have never crashed.
Sincerely,

Don Thomson
Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
509-671-6230
Newport, WA
http://www.dlwoodworks.com
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Mark,

Sometimes the Out of Memory errors are referring to graphics card memory and not system memory.

Kerry
markvan

Post by markvan »

Yes,

It would be nice to know which memory it is referring too.

I was wondering if maybe it was the SDRAM. I seem to have odd things happen with it. When I boot up it randomly recoginizes 3gb, 6gb, or 9 gb. Don't know why but reboot and then it will pick up more or less the next time. I also crash when trying to encode HD video with Corel's Video Studio X3, don't think that is memory related but thought maybe there might be a connection.....with these 3 things I thought there might be something going on....

Since others are getting the same error in ecabinets, I don't think there is anything wrong with the SDRAM. Just funny why it doesn't always recognize what is there. Corel probably has bugs in their software....which explains that (I've heard of others with the same issue.) Other than what's mentioned above, everything seems to run very smooth and stable. I guess I'm still good then....!
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member

Mark,

I don't know how you tell for sure which memory it is referring to but regardless I think there is still a problem in eCabinets that is causing this.

Kerry
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member

Mark,

Which version of Windows 7 are you running and is it 32 bit or 64 bit. Here is a Link to a chart that shows how much RAM is supported with the different versions. You may have 9 gig installed but your version of windows can't support that much.

Kerry
markvan

Post by markvan »

I am running 64.

Windows recognises all 9 Gb. It seems to be the BIOS is what is not always recognizing the memory. Right when you first start up before windows begins to load, it displays your processor, and amount of memory installed. If I see 3 gb then I can just reset and it will probably be more next time. I don't really need all 9 gb anyway, but just knowing that something isn't right annoys me....
Donald Thomson
Guru Member
Company Name: Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks

Post by Donald Thomson »

Kerry,

My graphics card multiple GPU's and 2GB on it. And the latest driver was downloaded and installed 4 days ago from the manufacturers website. I just find it interesting that none of my other graphics intensive programs have these kind of graphics card problems.
Sincerely,

Don Thomson
Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
509-671-6230
Newport, WA
http://www.dlwoodworks.com
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member

Don,

As I said in the post above I agree that there is an eCabinets or eCabinets/Hoops problem causing this. eCabinets has always been a memory hog.
markvan

Post by markvan »

Maybe I can narrow this down a bit more...

It seems to be happening much more now, (unfortunetally... reboot seems to make no differance.)

Lately it always seems to happen in the countertop editor, when I click on the 'designate edges button'. Dont know if that is the only place it has happened, but today it is. I am probably running close to 50 : 50 odds that it will crash when I click on designate edges. Strange that it was never like this before.
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member

Mark,

If you can give them a job and "detailed" steps to re-create the problem they can isolate it and fix it.
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

That is definitely a HOOPS issue and is most likely related to it's (inefficient) use of video memory.

The other issue is very interesting though...the one where the system doesn't always recognize all installed memory when it is booted. The next time you reboot and it shows less memory than is installed, go ahead and let it finish booting then run the Windows Memory Diagnostic (Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Windows Memory Diagnostic). Choose the "Run Immediately" option and let it restart the system and run the test. It may or may not find any problems but it is worth a try.
markvan

Post by markvan »

Ok here is the file if anyone wants to try it.

I just went in to the countertop editor, deleted the countertop on the island, and attempted to add it again. When I clicked on designate edges it crashed. 'Designate edges' seems to be a trigger point...

Thanks for the input Dan, I will try the memory Diagnostics and see what happens.....
Attachments
sue ctops1.esj
(6.81 MiB) Downloaded 312 times
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member

Mark,

It works fine here.

Have you downloaded and installed the latest drivers for your Graphics Card?

Kerry
Mark McCallum
Guru Member

Post by Mark McCallum »

I have had a few different jobs crash in the bench top editor. This job is the one I am working on at the moment and will cause the bench top editor to crash as well. Probably not if you go straight to the bench top editor. but move a panel or do some other work and then go to the bench top editor and I get crashes.
BT1.jpg
BT1.jpg (47.97 KiB) Viewed 11517 times
B Davis.esj
(7.34 MiB) Downloaded 321 times
Win 7. 32 bit. 4 gig RAM, 2.87 GB usable