job size at 31.7MB

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

ScotAcree
Company Name: Scot Acree Woodworkig LLC

job size at 31.7MB

Post by ScotAcree »

I need to zip this file for someone to look at it,seems quite large for kitchen with 25 cabinets .Gmail is telling me can not send zip files larger than 25MB.

Any ideas?

scot
Attachments
Job.jpg
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Re: job size at 31.7MB

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Scot,

Try http://www.yousendit.com. You can also send the job to {cabinets@thermwood.com} "attn: Scott" if you would like me to see if there is anything excessive about the size.
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000
ScotAcree

Post by ScotAcree »

I will save half the cabinets and save as two jobs,then try to send it.

Scot
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Scot,

If you have saved several line drawings with the job that can also increase the size a great deal.
ScotAcree

Post by ScotAcree »

Yes,I deleted those all ready.

I do have two 3 drawer base cabinet that saves at 9349 KB in the job.Also,several at 4and 5thousand.
Is this normal?

If I take this cabinet to the face frame editor and change the left and right reveal from 1/8" to 7/8",it will crash and give me this warning. (1 driver/opengl/window0+0/desgn/cabinet/section0missing polygon)
Attachments
3 drawer base rh.jpg
3 drawer base rh.jpg (14.71 KiB) Viewed 8406 times
3 drawer base rh.zip
(3.75 MiB) Downloaded 362 times
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Scot,

I cannot reproduce the crash. Are you loading it directly from your library into the Cab/Assm Editor or are you bringing it from a Custom Layout or Batch to the editor. If you can still reproduce the crash, please go to Windows event viewer and give us the details about the event logged for this crash (primarily the faulting module that may be listed). Also, if you have not done so, please update to V6 Build 5.
Regards,

Scott Vaal
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Scot,

I noticed on this cabinet that you have double the drawer boxes necessary. It appears that you added drawer boxes in the Drawer Box Editor and then also added a drawer box with each drawer front in the Door/Drawer Editor (causing unwanted/needed file size). The Drawer Box Editor is typically used when you do not have a front associated with the drawer box, such as a pull out drawer behind doors. So you will want to decide how you want to do it and only add them one way (I strongly recommend adding them on with the fronts in the Door/Drawer Editor for that is what it is designed for).

FYI: You can quickly delete the Dbx Editor boxes by going into the Dbx Editor, selecting Ctrl + A to select all drawer boxes, then select the Delete key on the keyboard. It will delete all the Dbx Editor boxes and then will give a message -Cannot delete drawer boxes added with drawer fronts in the drawer box editor...-, simply answer OK to this and you will then only have your drawer boxes added with the fronts. Hope this helps...
Regards,

Scott Vaal
ScotAcree

Post by ScotAcree »

I am on the new build,though the job was designed in the previous build which does not matter.

Also I take the cabinet from the Custom Layout,and go to the Cabinet Editor,then make changes FF Editor for the reveals,back to CE,then save.That is when the cabinet fails.

I do not know much about the Event Viewer,I will read up on it and try to reproduce the failure,then go to the Event Viewer.

Thank you,Scot
ScotAcree

Post by ScotAcree »

Yes,noticed my errors the same this morning,and have made the changes and will add them to the job to see what happens.

I will let know what happens.

scot