Shopbot Labels

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Bryan J Tanner
Guru Member
Company Name: Decor Designz

Shopbot Labels

Post by Bryan J Tanner »

Ok, so how many of you have had a play with the shopbot link???

I had a play, and noticed that I would quite like the labels that get printed out via the link.

Does anybody know if this can be done? Can we change the labels in ecabinets?

And while I'm on my knees begging, how hard would it be to add the dimension to the nesting diagram?

I do this before cutting by hand at the moment.
HP Pavilion DV6
2.27 gigahertz Intel Core i5 M 430
3064 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory
NVIDIA GeForce GT 230M
Windows 7 Home Premium
Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Re: Shopbot Labels

Post by Nick M Singer »

I agree Bryan, been asking for that ability for 5 years now. Was able to edit the lables with Crystal reports but who wants to buy a program that costly just to edit a few lines on a lable? Perhaps they should design things so that one could edit the lable layout in some common database application like Open Office Database?
Donald Thomson
Guru Member
Company Name: Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks

Re: Shopbot Labels

Post by Donald Thomson »

Bryan,

I use labels with SBLink quite often. There are several people who do and I'm sure they will chime in here.

You will need to get one of the supported label printers - I use a Dymo 400 I got off eBay - and the labels that go with it. Once this is done, you create your nesting in SBLink and select to print labels. One caveat is that with the label printer you need to first go into Windows Printer settings and change the settings to be landscape orientation. Then inside SBLink, you select the label and set orientation to landscape and you are off and running. Why it doesn't work from within SBLink is still a mystery to all of us who use the program.

As far as the label contents go, they are fairly good for single and multiple jobs. Granted, I've never needed dimensions on the labels but could see where that might come in handy. What I do is print out a part layout sheet on 8.5x11 paper and each sheet is on a page with parts and dimensions. This helps me keep things straight.
Sincerely,

Don Thomson
Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
509-671-6230
Newport, WA
http://www.dlwoodworks.com