software request

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

software request

Post by Michael S Murray »

THM TEAM...
Is there any way we could have the correct cabinet number show in all editors when we pull a cabinet out of the custom layout?
As I sure your aware, they all show up as cabinet #1 when taken from a custom layout.

Thanks Guys,
Mike Murray
Versatile Cabinet & Solid Surface
mike@versatilecabinet.com
http://www.versatilecabinet.com
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Re: software request

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Micheal,

Funny you should ask, I had added this as a wish list item of my own during our last beta phase.
If you and I both like the idea, it must be a great one! LOL :lol: Anyway, yes, I think it would be handy to have and I have it on the wish list for future implementation. We would more than likely still show both, with the Custom Layout or Batch Cab# being shown as a reference only. Thanks for your input.
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000
Rob Davis
Guru Member

Post by Rob Davis »

Mike, just curious and trying to learn here... what do you use the cabient numbers for? Maybe this is a ridiculously stup id question but our experience has been these are essentially randomly assigned so we don't use the numbers at all, we use description for sorting or whatever. What is the value in a THM cabinet number being assigned? Teach me!
Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Michael S Murray »

Hey Rob,
I structure my librarys, such as commercial wall cabs-plam, residential base cabs wood drawer boxes,etc., then I build everything within these library's such as single door lsh(left side hinge)single door rsh, etc ,etc.
Then when doing custom layout, I pull the cabinet out of the library, change the size as needed and then put it in room.
So I might have 10 different wall cabs named single door lsh in the same room , but they might all be different sizes and the name only would not indicate that. The cabinet number is for sorting parts and locating the location on the drawing for details, installation, etc.

Scott, thanks, but if were thinking alike, you better get scheduled for a exam.... :D :D :D
Mike Murray
Versatile Cabinet & Solid Surface
mike@versatilecabinet.com
http://www.versatilecabinet.com