P lam counters on CNC

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

David Kopriva

P lam counters on CNC

Post by David Kopriva »

Hi All
haven't used this forum in quite a while and I haven't kept up with the software. When I was using the software to out source my cab pieces one of the things that bugged me about the software was I could never find an easy way to get a counter top and backsplash cut for. The wonderful feature that the software has of creating counters out of stone materials but this is for visual only and apparently does not translate to a cut on a sheet of plywood for plastic laminate counters. Plastic laminate counters are the norm in commercial work because of its durability, cost and design variations, so there is alot of it. Has ecabinet systems software solved this issue where you can include a plastic laminate counter cut out with the cabinet assembly without going to the single sheet layout icon?
Josh Rayburn
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Halls Edge Inc

Re: P lam counters on CNC

Post by Josh Rayburn »

David,
You can easily add a separate 'cabinet' which is nothing but a back, and maybe a back with a deck if you want to include both the counter and splash. You can use any sheet stock material you want, so you could make the back out of 1 1/2 or 1 1/4 material for rendering purposes. If you don't care about rendering it and only want to CNC it then you can make it from 3/4" material, then take it to the part editor to do the sink cutout or any other holes you want. You could even include your buildup strips as 'shelves' attached to that cabinet so all you need to do is change the width and you're done.
If you need to place it in a room or make it a part of a cabinet, just rotate it in the CE or the room and align properly.
This is not as automatic as using the countertop editor, but it will get the job done.
Then all pertinent data will be in the nest.
Hope this helps, and if you want to have the parts cut then send me the job, that's what we do!
jnr
Josh Rayburn
Hall's Edge, Inc.
CNC Machining Service

Dell Precision T3400
Win7 Professional 64 Bit/Core2Duo E8400 3ghz/4 GB Ram/NVIDIA Quadro FX570
David Kopriva

Post by David Kopriva »

Josh
Thanks for the help. I'll try it and keep in touch. Are you busy these days? Is your shop bringing in enough work and how many do you have on staff?
Josh Rayburn
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Halls Edge Inc

Post by Josh Rayburn »

David,
The shop is busy, but we are strictly a CNC shop - we don't assemble, finish, shape, sand, or cut anything other than what the CNC does...we program if necessary, machine the parts, then strap the parts to a pallet after edgebanding, then we ship it out or clients pick up.
Hope it keeps up through the winter for all of us!!
jnr
Josh Rayburn
Hall's Edge, Inc.
CNC Machining Service

Dell Precision T3400
Win7 Professional 64 Bit/Core2Duo E8400 3ghz/4 GB Ram/NVIDIA Quadro FX570