Parasolid error

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Casey Jones

Parasolid error

Post by Casey Jones »

Please help!
I have been having problems saving job files and cabinet files since I installed V6.0 build 6. I am working on three jobs and every time I try to save them I get and error message, "An error occurred while adding Parasolid information to the save file." When I click OK it says "There was a problem saving the job" and the job does not get saved. I have tried removing different cabinets to see if I can find one that is causing a problem to no avail. I have tried just entering cabinets into a batch so I can come up with some numbers, didn't work. I have tried doing a reinstall/repair and nothing. The problem even pops up at times when I am just working on one cabinet from the cabinet editor. It happens when I open an old job that worked fine before and now it cannot even be saved.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Casey Jones
Jackplane Cabinet & Woodwork
Pentium 4 3.20 Ghz
3.20 GB Ram
Windows XP
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Re: Parasolid error

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Casey,

Reboot your PC, and then temporarily disable all virus protection that you have on your PC and see if you can then save jobs etc (disconnect or disable your internet connection if you are worried). If this works, then you may have to set the eCabinet Systems directories to be excluded by your virus software.
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000
jason galbraith
Company Name: Eastcoast Ultimate

Post by jason galbraith »

I have posted that i am getting this problem also from time to time. Another issue is if i go to back to a batch job and add more items from time to time, it will stop adding items , or items will say that they have resized but if you go into the cabinet editor and hover the mouse pointer over the item it will tell you its true size, and that it has not resized at all. Even if you look at the size boxes on the top left hand side, it may say the item is 750 mm wide, whereas it is really say 545. disabling antivirus does not fix this.
Core i7-2600 @ 3.70Ghz - 8 GB ram - Win 7 Ultimate 64bit - 2 x 24" ASUS monitors - Nvidia 600 Quadro 1GB graphics
www.eastcoastultimate.com.au
Vince Lisanti

Post by Vince Lisanti »

I am having the exact same problem as Casey.

Casey. Did Scott's fix work for you ?
Dell Precision M4800
Intel(r) core(tm) i7-4800mq cpu @ 2.70ghz
32 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro K 2100M
Windows 8.1 Professional 64-bit
Casey Jones

Post by Casey Jones »

Yes Vince, I found that the problem lies with my virus software. I use PC tools Spyware Doctor with Antivirus. The program has a section called proactive defence. If I diable this when I get ready to save I have few problems. Other problems that I am having can usually be bypassed by completely turning off my virus software.
I was also having problems in the LDE and Presentation view. When I would try to render or print out any drawings e cabs would encounter a problem and shut down. I seem to have solved this by updating my video card drivers.

Hope this helps,
Casey Jones