Lost Info

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Wally Schneeberger
Guru Member

Lost Info

Post by Wally Schneeberger »

I tried to open my Ecabs last night and got this --
EC.jpg

Then when I clicked -- No -- my Ecabs opened and I had no cabs or anything else in the file.
EC1.jpg
It's not a big problem as I have a copy on my other hard drive but can anyone tell me how and why this happened. I don't know how much info I have really lost.
I checked My Documents for the file and it is still there but nothing in the Ecabinets directory. What is the best way to handle this?? Should I just copy the BU from one HD to the other or reload Ecabs?? TIA.
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Re: Lost Info

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Wally,

Have you tried resetting the user data path via Settings and Preferences? If not, please try and do so by selecting browse and choose the path. Try this even if the path is already set to what you would expect.
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000
Wally Schneeberger
Guru Member

Scott - When I go through the steps and get to where the files should be there is nothing there.
E1.jpg
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Wally,

Did you check your recycle bin for any of these files? If they are not there, try doing a search on your hard drives for the file { Std Base Frameless.hsf } and see if it locates it some where.
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Use the full path instead of the Libraries link. Start at C: then open "users" followed by "public" then "documents", "thermwood" and finally "ecabinet systems."

The Windows libraries don't show "public" folders unless you specifically add them to the library.
Wally Schneeberger
Guru Member

Thanks Scott & Dan -- I have tried both of your suggestions and there was nothing there. I do get standard cabs when I open the program now but I have lost all my V6 cabs and drawer boxes. It's not a big deal but I still am wondering how this could happen. I save all my jobs to the other HD so I do have a copy of most of the cabs I created in V6. I have reinstalled V6 on C drive and copied some folders over from D drive. Thanks for your replies.