edit wall cutouts

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Patrick Herforth
Company Name: PCH Furniture and Design

edit wall cutouts

Post by Patrick Herforth »

I have placed a doorway on my wall as a cutout. How do place it exactly where it want it and how do I size the width & height :wall:
Pat Herforth
PCH Furniture & Design
Sean O' Hare

Re: edit wall cutouts

Post by Sean O' Hare »

Patrick,

in Edit Wall view, select create rectangle from the drop down. In the Enter Start Point, enter horizontal dim, vertical dim & press enter. Repeat for end point.
sean
Patrick Herforth
Company Name: PCH Furniture and Design

Post by Patrick Herforth »

Gotcha, was hoping to just click on cutout and a menu would pop up to edit opening.
Thanks
Pat Herforth
PCH Furniture & Design
Dennis Englert

Post by Dennis Englert »

Patrick,

1. These type of cut-outs can be positioned as they are drawn. When a rectangle is drawn, the first position on X and Y can be defined for the bottom left of the door opening. Actually, you can define the start point of the rectangle from any corner, I just find the bottom left the easiest from X0 Y0, the Origin. Change to incremental and then enter the height and width of the actual door. If you used the bottom left corner to define the opening, then the incremental values will be positive. That's another advantage. This method is shown in the videos. I did notice that you renewed your subscription, so this may have been what you were looking for.

2. This isn't shown in the videos, so I need to make a note and create a video. When you are in the Wall Editor where you made the cut out, select the cut out. It changes to red. Then hover over a corner marker. I'd go with bottom left of bottom right. You'll see a note in the information screen on the menu on the left that denotes the X and Y coordinates for the marker. Then move the red rectangle using the Move Increment methods. You can enter the value for the position that you want and then subtract the current position on X for the Move Increment value. The hold the Shift key and press the left or right arrow on the key board to move the door way.

3. While Step 2 is fairly easy, you can, of course delete the rectangle and redraw it. Also, fairly easy.

Hope that helps.

Dennis