Importing a DXF into eCabs containing an ellipse?

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Dale Wills
Company Name: none

Importing a DXF into eCabs containing an ellipse?

Post by Dale Wills »

I have drawn a shape in AutoCad that include ellipse's. Once I import them into the part editor the ellipse shapes do not come up. I have had this problem before and can't remember the reason for this. I know that an ellipse is a complicated shape. Does anyone know of a method to get an ellipse to successfuly open in part editor?

Dale
jason galbraith
Company Name: Eastcoast Ultimate

Re: Importing a DXF into eCabs containing an ellipse?

Post by jason galbraith »

Hi Dale, not sure why you are having probs, after your last post about using the pellipse command in autocad i had no probs importing the ellipse into part manager and then cutting it. Is the piece of board that you are trying to put the ellipse onto big enough?
Core i7-2600 @ 3.70Ghz - 8 GB ram - Win 7 Ultimate 64bit - 2 x 24" ASUS monitors - Nvidia 600 Quadro 1GB graphics
www.eastcoastultimate.com.au
Dennis Englert

Post by Dennis Englert »

I posted sometime ago about the PELLIPSE variable in AutoCAD. Set it to either 0 or 1. I don't recall getting a reply posting from the poster as to whether it worked or not, but it appears that per Jason's email that it does.

Dennis Englert
Kenneth Rychlik

Post by Kenneth Rychlik »

Dale,

I remember making you one in another program quite a while back that worked. I know you are trying to find a fix for it, but if you need another one, let me know.

Kenneth