Strange thing in door editor

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Jon Dieterlen

Strange thing in door editor

Postby Jon Dieterlen » Thu, Mar 03 2011, 8:40PM

I recently had to reinstall the software and some strange things are happening in the door editor. When I click to highlight the door, only the top right corner highlights.

It can be deleted, then operates as normal. When the top right hand corner is highlighted, it is like a small zoom window that can be zoomed in on by holding the shift and both mouse buttons.

I have opened two different jobs that worked OK before I reinstalled the software with the same results.

Anyone experience this? Should I reinstall the software? I lose my materials when the software is reinstalled, so I would just as soon not have to do that again.

Thanks, Jon

Jon Dieterlen

Re: Strange thing in door editor

Postby Jon Dieterlen » Fri, Mar 04 2011, 6:17PM

Also, when in the drawer box editor, if I highlight a space between the drawers, only half of the opening highlights. If I deselect that area I the can normally select any areas. This was not an issue before reinstalling the software. All these cabinets were designed in version 6.

Jon

Jon Dieterlen

Postby Jon Dieterlen » Sat, Mar 05 2011, 5:21PM

As I work with it, I find in the door editor, I can only highlight the right upper corner, but if I right click to open the menu, then close the menu, everything operates as normal.

Anyone else seen this?

Jon

Jon Dieterlen

Postby Jon Dieterlen » Mon, Mar 14 2011, 8:49PM

If I Right click then close the right click window everything works as normal. If I try to select an opening before doing this, only part of it is highlighted.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software with no change. This is happening in all my jobs, all the cabinets in the jobs.

No one else ever seen this?

Jon

Carl Hoover
Company Name: Classic Woodworking

Postby Carl Hoover » Tue, Mar 15 2011, 7:21PM

Yeah mine does that too but I've just been working with it cause it didn't seem to cause any trouble for me
Cheers :mrgreen:

Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Postby Kerry Fullington » Wed, Mar 16 2011, 6:23AM

Jon,

Have you downloaded and installed the latest graphics card drivers for you computer?

Kerry

Jon Dieterlen

Postby Jon Dieterlen » Wed, Mar 16 2011, 7:16PM

Thanks for the reply Kerry. I have the latest driver in place, released 1/7/2011. My computer is a Dell M6400 mobile workstation, 4GB Ram, Nvidea quadro FX3700M.

I also downloaded the latest mouse driver. The problem also exists in the shelf and drawer box editors. Maybe the faceframe editor as well.

It also opens up some kind of crazy zoom window that you can zoom in by holding both mouse buttons and the shift key and dragging backwards.

As I said before, this issue wasn't happening before I had to reload the software due to a hard drive problem.

I have also uninstalled Ecabs and downloaded from the website a second time, the newest update, and reinstalled again, with the same results.

Jon

Return to “eCabinet Systems Software”