5/8" Dado Nesting as a 1/4"?

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Darrel Wells
Company Name: Western Woodworking

5/8" Dado Nesting as a 1/4"?

Post by Darrel Wells »

Can someone help me with this? I have 5/8 material everywhere, but the top and deck are nested with a 1/4" Dado for the left end. I've checked all my settings and can't find if it's something I'm missing. This is a test cabinet, but this issue is showing up in a batched job I have to cut. Help?
Attachments
test.jpg
test.jpg (6.92 KiB) Viewed 3964 times
test.hsf
(316.02 KiB) Downloaded 295 times
Brian Shannon
eCabinets Beta Tester

Re: 5/8" Dado Nesting as a 1/4"?

Post by Brian Shannon »

Hey Darrel,

This is odd and sounds like a bug to me. The issue is in the eCabinets NEST, not only at the machine. It looks fine in Cabinet Editor. If I take this cabinet and only change the size to at least a 23" square box, problem solved. If I change left end to full width blind dado, problem solved. Any ideas THM guys?

Brian
Brian Shannon
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Brian Shannon »

If only the height is changed to at least 22.75, dadoes are correct. :? MAYBE all other cabinets in your batch that are taller than 22.75 are O.K. :?:
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Gentlemen,

Thanks for all the info. It seems that the mixed flush setup of the top and deck is causing an odd issue for the full dado at certain heights. I will get it listed for the programmers to get resolved. The best stopgap for now (as mentioned in this thread) would be to use a 100% thickness blind dado with zero insets. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000