Cabinet Size Glitch?

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Mike Slowik
Company Name: The Cabinetworks LLC

Cabinet Size Glitch?

Post by Mike Slowik »

Anyone experience this?
I am trying like heck to finish this layout...my first one with ecab so perhaps this is my error. I'm two weeks in just trying to learn this program and generate this one kitchen.
As I'm resizing a few cabinets to make everything as symetrical as possible, I notice that a base cabinet, which is sized to be equal to the two upper cabinets is smaller on screen. I do the math several times..move things, resize, nothing. I bring the cabinet into the editor and notice that the door it would have me order is larger than the cabinet. I check construction setup..still shows my reveals as originally set up. I delete the door and add it back..still bigger than the cabinet itself (although visual it was showing my reveals as far as i could tell). Figured I have some setting somewhere messed up...delete the door again, add it back, now it is the right size. Arrgg.
Maybe this also explains why in wire frame I can't place cabinets side by side.(I do have align to back selected.) I don't know. I knew I was gonna lose money by tackling a new program, but when goofy things start happening, it's gonna be going through the job cabinet by cabinet to make sure I don't order the wrong size parts. There is three cabinets affected that I know of. Anything I might have done?
Josh Rayburn
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Halls Edge Inc

Re: Cabinet Size Glitch?

Post by Josh Rayburn »

Mike, can you post the job?
Josh Rayburn
Hall's Edge, Inc.
CNC Machining Service

Dell Precision T3400
Win7 Professional 64 Bit/Core2Duo E8400 3ghz/4 GB Ram/NVIDIA Quadro FX570
Mike Slowik
Company Name: The Cabinetworks LLC

Post by Mike Slowik »

Josh, sorry but I already deleted the cabinets and reinstalled them, went through and material listed them one by one and they are now fine. The only thing that I did differently was to hold down the shift key while changing to wire frame and to also hold it down while choosing the resize because it stopped the annoying reset of the room view. I think when I did that the doors stayed the size of the seed cabinet and not the resized cabinet size.
Andrew Moura
Company Name: Andex

Post by Andrew Moura »

Recently I have also been having a similar problem. After resizing a cabinet, the update is accounted for in the description and when moving cabinets in wireframe mode (the box is the correct size, but the cabinet changes size once its placed). The cabinet when doing a quick dimension of clicking on the cabinet and then an adjacent wall also is changed. Every cabinet that is inserted or resized after this point also has this problem. I believe this is probably associated with the problem with resizing the doors as I have tried changing the door sizes after this happened and the door sizes are still based on the old cabinet dimensions.

So far I have only been able to fix this by closing the program and restarting.

I was able to recreate this and have uploaded the file, however whenever I reload this file the resizing ends up working. The drawing shows a 36" cabinet in description but it is actually 24"
Attachments
TEST.esj
(2.4 MiB) Downloaded 272 times
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Andrew,

I see the odd size of the cabinets in the job you posted, but can you give me some detailed steps to reproduce this starting with a new job (or just delete the cabs out of your attached job and start with it). In other words, can you give me the steps you took to get this job to this state. If I can reproduce it, I can have the programmers fix it. I have tried several things but have not been able to reproduce it yet.
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000
Andrew Moura
Company Name: Andex

Post by Andrew Moura »

It seems to happen randomly. It was started from scratch and just happened as I was reading this post so I uploaded it.

For the attachment:

When I resized or deleted the cabinets and tried to do it again I kept getting the same glitch with every cabinet before I restarted

- Started a new drawing
- Created Walls
- Inserted the cabinet (default 24") inserted at 24" into drawing
- Resized the cabinet to 36" (right click>adjust cabinet features>resize/equalize)
- Cabinet looks 24" but it says 36" and spaces in wire frame mode at 36"
- Uploaded file

Once the resizing glitches it continues to do it for everything in any file I open (both adding new cabinets and resizing existing). If I close the program and reopen the file (as I did with the attachment) everything is fine.