New guy

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Josh Hardbarger
Company Name: Hardbarger Remodeling

New guy

Post by Josh Hardbarger »

Hi, I'm ready to take the plunge and get set up with e-cabs, my computer skills are very basic. The computer I'm considering is:
Dell T1600
Dual Core 3.1 ghz
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
4 GB 1333 Upgradeable to 8GB
1 GB nVidia Quadro 600 dual mon
22'' monitor
Price $1150

The graphics card is'nt the exact one recommended, is this a good card or do I need to keep shopping?
It's hard for me to grasp the need for two monitors, should I have two from the get go?
One of my main concerns is doing the online videos. The best internet available here is Hughes.net satellite. It takes about 30 minutes to watch a 5 minute youtube video. I can however do microsoft training videos in real time. I guess it depends on how data intense the ecab videos are? Can I check out the videos on my current computer, or do I need ecabs installed to do this?
Thank you,
Josh
Dennis Englert

Re: New guy

Post by Dennis Englert »

Hi,
I'm not into the hardware configuration, so can't answer that part of the question. But with regards to the videos, if you have a problem with streaming the videos, you will have an option to download the videos to your computer. If your connection is slow, it may take time to download, but once you've done that, you should be able to watch them without any lag. If your connection is really slow, then possibly you could use another computer at a different site to download the videos. The only downside of watching the downloaded videos is that all you see is file names, whereas the videos are organized into categories on the website making it easier to identify what you want to watch.

Thanks, Dennis
Last edited by Dennis Englert on Wed, Apr 13 2011, 7:17AM, edited 1 time in total.
Will Williamson
Guru Member
Company Name: Williamson Finewoodwork

Post by Will Williamson »

I've been using that same video card for a couple of months now . no problems so far.
Will

http://www.willmade.com

KEG/Intel Core i 7 CPU K875 @ 2.93 GHZ/12G Ram
Dual boot XP PRO/Windows 7 Nvidia Quatro 600 1Gig Ram
Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Michael S Murray »

Yes,2 monitors, you will never once regret it...
Mike Murray
Versatile Cabinet & Solid Surface
mike@versatilecabinet.com
http://www.versatilecabinet.com
Josh Hardbarger
Company Name: Hardbarger Remodeling

Post by Josh Hardbarger »

I really appreciate the advice so far. Keep it coming.
Thanks, Josh