Materials changing between computers

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Terry Hall

Materials changing between computers

Post by Terry Hall »

I recently purchased a new laptop and did a restore from my main desktop design computer to the laptop. I noticed yesterday when taking a kitchen from the main computer to the laptop via jump drive that many, if not all of my sheetgoods for that kitchen in the laptop turned yellow when I rendered it. I looked in the sheetgoods materials files and it has the same image # as in the main desktop computer. When I bring the kitchen back to the desktop it changes it back to the correct image. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Re: Materials changing between computers

Post by Rick Palechuk »

Try updating your video drivers.
Terry Hall

Post by Terry Hall »

Thanks Rick, I thought of that too. I upgraded the driver first, but no luck. The file is fine on my desktop, but when I load it on the laptop it looks fine, but just as soon as I edit one of the cabinets in the cabinet editor, then render, the sheet good parts for that cabinet are yellow. :wall:
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Terry,

Did you have {Texture Images} checked to be on when you did your backup on your existing PC, and also, did you have it checked to be on when you did the restore on the new PC. If you did and you still have this trouble, please let me know what operating system you are running. These texture images can also be manually copied to the new PC by copying the folder:

On an XP system: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Thermwood\eCabinet Systems\materials
On a Vista/Win7: C:\ProgramData\Thermwood\eCabinet Systems\materials
Attachments
Backup-Restore1.jpg
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000
Terry Hall

Post by Terry Hall »

Thanks Scott, yes I did have both of those checked. However, I neglected to say that the laptop is running W7 & the Desktop is running XP. I'm assuming the different operating systems was the culprit? Your solution to manually copy the images worked, and all is well. Thanks for your help.
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Terry,

I am glad you got it working. I will investigate the backup/restore between different Operating Systems and see if I can reproduce the scenario. If so, we should be able to rectify it for a future version.
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000