another newbiee question

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

another newbiee question

Post by Scott Marshburn »

I am making a angled front corner cab. uising ecab seed cabinet corner front. I click on corner settings and select angle front. Angled face frame settings is grayed out so I click ok. Go back to settings and click on face frames check has face frames go back to corner settings still grayed out. Slect ok.Go back to settings. Click on corner settings and now i can select left and right stiles mitered. click ok. but they are not showing a miter.I looked at the angled cabinets on the free librarys for fraimed cabinets and the fraims have the miters on them. What am I missing?
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Re: another newbiee question

Post by Scott Marshburn »

I thik I that I have the anser to my own question.The software will not make the miters on the styiles they have to go too the part editor and do the miter there.But why does the help guide lead me to belive it will do this in the construction settings. It clearly states that the left and right sides miterd option determines wether or not the stiles are miterd parell to the ends as shown in the illustration? Can someone verify?
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Re: another newbiee question

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Scott,

The Left and Sight Stiles Mitered selection on angle front Corner Cabinets Adjusts the length of your top and bottom rails to allow you to cut the miters on the face frame. For 3/4" thick face frame material it will grown the rails approx. 1 1/2" to give you a correct cut list.

The miters will not show graphically and is really not important. You could do it in the Part editor but face frame parts would most likely not be cut on CNC it is not necessary.

The same goes for your corner cabinet end panels. if you select to miter the corners the ends will grow by approx. the thickness of the material to accommodate a 45 degree miter.

Kerry